Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Recipe Time: Mexican Beans and Rice!


This has become a favorite of mine!  My sister made it for my family and I was able to taste about a spoonful of the leftovers... and that settled it: I had to have the recipe.
So, here it is for you all to enjoy!  I'm all about cooking the easy way and the yummy way.  This also happens to be a good meal for your body too!  Beans are great and I use brown rice instead of white, which is SO delicious!


What's You'll Need:
2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans (drained and rinsed for better taste)
1 Onion
Garlic (fresh is best!  Amount is up to you depending on how much of a garlic flavor you want)
1 cup Salsa
1 Tbs. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
Brown Rice (amount depends on how many people you are serving)
Cooking spray/oil (I would recommend oil)
Medium Pot for the rice
Large Skillet for the bean mixture
Fun apron to make you happy while cooking!


1.  Get your rice cooking according to the package directions.  I did about 1 cup for Andrew and me.


2.  Chop your onion and garlic and sauté with the cooking spray/oil in the skillet.


3.  Once your onion is soft, add beans, chili powder, cumin, and salsa.  Stir it all up and heat it through.


4.  Once the mixture is hot, remove it from the heat and serve it over the rice!


If you want, top this yummy meal with cheese and/or sour cream!


Well, my friends, that is an easy 4-step recipe.  Hope you enjoyed this post and will try this for yourselves sometime!  You're missing out on a great dinner if you don't.  :-)

Andrew and I are still in the process of setting up our new home.  I have my kitchen, master bedroom, and two bathrooms organized.  No pictures yet, as there is still some work to be done to finish the rooms.  Hopefully I'll be able to post some soon though!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!
God bless!

3 comments:

Mikailah Autumn said...

mmm, this looks delicious, Rachel! :) thank you for the recipe!

blessings! <3

Anonymous said...

Thanx looks so good. leah

Anonymous said...

Looks VERY delicious. Leah