Wednesday, May 15, 2013

birthday...


Who is this lil peanut???
This tike with the squeezable face and impish expression???

This is the cutie who grew up to be the man I married.

And he turned twenty-three yesterday!


Andrew was home sick for his birthday, but, as the day went on (and medicine kicked in), he began to get more chipper and back to his fun, sweet, ornery self.  My family was able to come over for about an hour to celebrate yesterday evening (thank you, family, for risking your health to be with us!).  It was nice to be able to spend his birthday together, even though he spent part of it in bed.  Today he is back on the job, working hard despite still not feeling totally better.  He is such a diligent, strong man and I am so blessed to be married to him.

Andrew makes me feel so safe and cherished.  He can be the manly-man and want to wrestle, but he can also be sensitive and just hold me close.  He can build a shelf and he can cook supper.  He can catch a fish and he can do laundry.  He can shoot a deer and he can sing love songs.  I forget sometimes just how amazing this man is... that's why it's a really good thing to write it down!!!

Andrew, darling, I love you.  I'm so proud of the man you are and the man you are becoming.  You are the best husband I could ever ask for and I am so blessed to be your wife.  Again and again, I love you.  Happy Birthday!!!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aw! How sweet! Happy Birthday, glad he's feeling better!

Wondering, though, did you mean ornery or ordinary? Sweet followed by ornery just made me smile. :)

R

Sarah♥ said...

Happy Birthday!!

Natasha Atkerson said...

Happy birthday, Andrew!
I'm so happy for you Rachel that found such a great guy, God is good! It's also an encouragement to me, just to be reminded there are still nice guys out there.
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com