Friday, April 18, 2014

love lifted me



"All we like sheep have gone astray
We've turned, every one, to his own way

And God laid all of our iniquity on Him.






Like a lamb they led Him out
Yet, He opened not His mouth

And His precious blood poured out
An offering for sin.




He was wounded for our transgressions
He was bruised for our iniquity




All of our punishment was upon Him

And by His stripes we are healed.




He has no beauty or majesty
Clothed in lowly humanity

And though we saw Him we could not see
The glory of His grace.




But every law was satisfied
The moment He laid down His life

The power of Death was destroyed
The price was paid.




He was wounded for our transgressions
He was bruised for our iniquity




All of our punishment was upon Him

And by His stripes

we

are

   healed."



I am so easily distracted.  Whether by projects, media, life-craziness... I tragically find myself placing the cross of Christ on some back-burner or lost corner of thought.  This day is half over and I have as yet to be still and rejoice in His love for me.  Whilst I am wrapped up in plans for the future, struggles of the day, somehow the sacrifice that gives me the ability to have any future except absolute separation from God is an afterthought- a fleeting "Oh, yes, we will make it to the Good Friday service". 

And I think now how deep His love is for me... that He can intercede for me before the throne of God as I wonder if my outfit for church tonight is flattering enough on me.

Oh Lord... I will never deserve You.
Thank You... Thank You for the cross.

I am a prime example of Christ's unconditional love.  And how beautiful it is that as my heart becomes heavy with my own selfishness, my own sin... His grace comes rushing in again and I am lifted.

Yes, I am lifted and freed!

God bless, my friends.


1 comment:

Ashley B. said...

I love those pictures...gorgeous! And the song "Love lifted Me" is one of my favorites! =D Thank you for sharing, Rachel! Absolutely beautiful! =D

Ashley B.
Like No Other Fashion
www.likenootherfashion.blogspot.com