Monday, April 14, 2014

just bloom


Black Floral Blouse ~ Meijer
Blue Jeans ~ Meijer
Black Undershirt ~ Walmart
Black Flipflops ~ Walmart
Pearl Earrings ~ Walmart


Sunday afternoon was gorgeous: slightly overcast (perfect for pictures!), drizzled light rain every so often, and blew a pleasant breeze.  Though I do love sunshine, this type of day is just about perfect in my humble opinion!


After church (and after unloading a bunch of Andrew's and my stuff that we'd brought from our apartment into the family poll barn) all ten of us went out for lunch together (I could probably eat a chicken wrap every day from the restaurant we visited).  A small group of us walked home and, with the weather now turning cold again with a weather forecast of snow flurries, I'm so glad we took the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful outdoors.


My hairstyle for Sunday was a small, subtle waterfall braid on one side with the rest of my hair down.  My hair got a little wild during our time outside, but Natalie managed to get a decent picture of it between gusts.  :-)


My blouse is a recent Meijer find!  It is rare that I find a blouse that I wouldn't chance anything about... and this shirt is one of those few!  The flowy sleeves, the delicate pink flowers, how it fits... *happy sigh*  I love it!


I kept accessories to a minimum... I wanted this outfit to be simple and classic.  So what is better for that look than pearl earrings?





Since we took these pictures at the town park, I HAD to spend some time on the swings and slides!  ;-)  I love swings!  I love feeling like I can fly...  it is so liberating and it's very hard to be unhappy when you're gliding through the air!




I read a quote the other day that blessed my heart as a woman so much...

"A flower does not think of competing to the flower next to it.
It just blooms."

So this week, I encourage you ladies to just bloom!  Just like a rose and a violet are different yet both still so lovely, each of you is created to bloom into a unique, beautiful woman.  After all, isn't it our differences that make us beautiful???  Instead of comparing ourselves to others or wanting what others have, why not rejoice in our own beauty so we can then truly love and appreciate the beauty of others?

Blessings!!!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's an amazing quote!
keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

Ashley B. said...

Rachel, you look so beautiful! And I just love your top! I think I have one just like that or very similar! You are so beautiful, both inside and out! =D

Rachel said...

This is so beautiful.....you are gorgeous :-)