Thursday, July 26, 2012

this and that!

I must admit, I enjoy being a wife.

There are some days I realize that I have no idea what I'm doing...
okay, that's most days, if not all days.
BUT!
I really am enjoying this new stage of life.

In fact, Andrew and I have both said that it feels like we've always been married... we haven't really had to adjust to it, except for in a couple ways, but nothing straining and serious!
I'm so thankful.


SO!
I thought I'd share some pics of some fun things in my life recently!


Andrew and I were walking around Walmart when I saw, all in one area, strawberries, blueberries, and whipped cream!  It didn't take much convincing to bring all three items home for a fun dessert!
This is a wonderful summer (or spring, or fall, or winter) treat!  SO refreshing and fun!


I got antsy one day and decided to create VERY simple, easy-to-make dresses for my two youngest sisters, Sammie Dee and Bekah Ann (yes, we DO call them that... their real names are Samantha Danielle and Rebekah Ann).  I grew up in a family of nick-namers!
Back to the dresses:
These took about twenty minutes each to make!  There were no complications and my Mom was so excited when she saw them.

My Mom sent pics of the girls wearing them!  Sammie wore this to church last Sunday with a t-shirt underneath for a little extra coverage.  :-)  So sweet to see a girl of eight desiring to dress modestly.


Both ladies in their dresses.  Aren't they so sweet?!


Andrew and I went out on a special date-night last week to celebrate our two-month anniversary!
We ate at Applebees (our favorite!), walked around the mall for a while, then went to a movie! 
Such a blast!


I'm currently beginning some new sewing projects, which I will post pictures of when I complete them!  Not sure when that will happen, as the next week or so will be pretty busy.  I'm excited about doing all of this sewing though!  It's really fun!


Also, I'm doing a guest post sharing my testimony over at Divine Design.  This blog is written by a lovely young lady who I know personally.  Megan is a wonderful Christian young lady and a dear friend!  Her sister, Abby, (another dear friend!) also blogs at More Than Conquerors.  They haven't been blogging very long and I'm sure they would LOVE to meet some of you dear ladies who follow my blog!  Hope you take some time to head over to their blogs!

So, what's been going on in your life... the little "this and that" stuff?
:-)

God bless!

No comments: