Saturday, April 28, 2012

April Getaway Part Two: Beauty of Simplicity

My family has always enjoyed
simple getaways.
If given the choice between a
crowded theme park or a
cabin in the woods,
we would all
definitely
choose the
latter.
:-)





A great getaway includes:
Walks outside in
peaceful surroundings.



Laughter as the
"grown up"
members of our family
fly down the
park slides
(even my Mom did it!).



Lots of smiles and love



Ping-pong tournaments!
No incredible talent here...
but we still love it!



Good coffee
(way too much of it!)
with great creamer!



Amazing food
(consisting mostly of starch).
:-P



Time together to just
enjoy being a
family.
:-)

I'm so thankful for this last
getaway with my
parents and siblings before I
begin a new
chapter of my
life with a wonderful
young man.

The day-count to the wedding is down to
only
TWENTY-ONE
days!!!
Three weeks left
(and only
two weeks left until
I get to see my
fiance!!!)
So much still to do...
excitement is definitely building
ever higher!

Tomorrow is also my
last Sunday on
worship team.
Its been a crazy and wonderful
two years
serving my church through
music,
but with all of the travelling and
adjusting after the
wedding, I really feel the need to
step down at this
time.

If you think of us,
please be praying for
Andrew and me!
There have been many changes in
plans in the last couple
months.
We've really seen God
working through these new
choices and are so
grateful for His
provision and peace.

Thank you so much to all of you who have followed my blog and have been there to pray, encourage, support, and cheer me!  You are such a blessing!!!

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just want to let you know that I have been praying for you, Rachel~ May God continue to use this season to refine you and Andrew...so happy for both of you as you get ready to walk into married life together and prepare for all the changes. And it's sweet to see you soaking in family time. Thanks for sharing the pictures, my friend!

In Him,
~Melanie