Tuesday, May 29, 2018

home stretch





Yesterday was one month till my due date.  OH MY HEAD.  The days have dragged but the months have flown.  Funny how that works.  Tomorrow I start my weekly midwife appointments till Haven Rose's arrival.  I'm so ready, honestly.  If I thought my physical/emotional issues during Rennie's pregnancy were difficult, this time around has made the past feel like a walk in the park. 







I've been reading through the Psalms completely out of necessity.  I wish my heart could be calm and trusting and there are beautiful days and moments where it truly is.  I praise God for those times.  But more than anything I find myself gripped by fear and just thanking Him that He loves me despite that.



Cousin love!





On a fun life-note, Memorial Day weekend was such a lovely time of gathering with family and friends over a four-day span.  We played at the local splash pad, watched fun movies, drank much coffee, ate cake and other good foods, and it was all so lovely.  Other happenings have been fun anniversary dates, a sweet baby shower for Haven, shopping excursions, and gathering those last things to get our go-bag for the birth center put together.  :-)








Pregnancy updates would include: still lots of movement from my Rosie-girl, TONS of pelvic pain,  no swelling except when I've been standing for a long time (last pregnancy I had terrible swelling all the time by now), general weariness, not as much heartburn as last time (if the wive's tale proves true, maybe Haven will have less hair than Rennie???), craving chocolate most days, strangers asking if I'm SURE I'm not having twins (we're as sure as we can be!), feeling uncomfortably warm ALL THE TIME, and emotionally so ready to meet this girl!  <3



Bottom right picture is Rennie reading to Haven Rose. BE STILL MY HEART!



What is going on in your life, my friends?  I would love little updates in your comments!  What are you most looking forward to in the next month (bet you can guess for me!)?



<3

No comments: