Friday, June 23, 2017
easy overnight fruit yogurt recipe
Sunday morning meals are a challenge for both Andrew and me. We get up early enough that we aren't rushed getting to church, but we just tend to forget to eat. :-P Now that we have an always-hungry toddler, we've been reminded what a big deal breakfast is. One simple solution I've found (that doesn't require dirtying a pan like eggs do and is also a better source of protein than cereal) is Greek yogurt! I like to avoid a bunch of sugar, so here is the super easy, make-ahead version of berry yogurt I make on Saturday nights for us to enjoy in the morning! Andrew and Rennie both love it! I also made it for some family members and now they make it as well. :-D
Sugar-free Berry Yogurt
2-3 cups frozen berries (amount depends on how many you are feeding)
Equal (or a little less) amount of plain, full-fat Greek Yogurt
1-3 tablespoons raw honey (depending on desired sweetness)
Splash of pure lemon juice
1) Melt your frozen berries (mine is a combination of strawberries, raspberries, and blueberries!) till they are pretty warm and juice has appeared.
2) While fruit is still warm/hot, stir in your honey and lemon juice.
3) Add Greek yogurt till you reach desired consistency.
4) Cover and place in fridge overnight.
5) Enjoy it the next morning!!!
Super complicated, eh???
What do you love to eat for breakfast when you need something simple and quick? If you try this, please let me know what you think!!!