Tuesday, June 20, 2017

crazy old days... lake michigan adventure


My mother is an adventurer.  And she reeeeeeaaaally loves spur-of-the-moment excursions.  Hence a random trip on a Monday evening to the Indiana Dunes to watch the sun set over Lake Michigan.  <3  While my introverted, planned-out nature doesn't always keep up with her so well, I'm very thankful for these sweet times.  She definitely brings out the adventure in me.






 










 




























"At the end of  the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy, and your eyes sparkling."


They were.


<3

2 comments:

Livia Rachelle said...

I have trouble with spontaneous trips too, or at least making them myself.

What beautiful photos. Especially the sunset and city skyline one. I was admiring the sunset and then noticed the tiny background, how lovely!

Danielle Carlson said...

Lovely photos! Thank you for sharing, Rachel. This makes me miss Lake Michigan so much. There is something so therapeutic about the cool sand beneath your feet and the peaceful rhythm of the wind and waves. And then those sunsets over the lake!! Glad to see your family is doing well.

Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind