Wednesday, December 7, 2016

banana protein pancakes




I love pancakes.  I grew up with a mama who made dynamite ones and thinking of them still makes my mouth water.  
But most mornings I don't have time to make a batch a regular pancakes.  Enter banana pancakes.

I won't lie to you.  These don't taste like normal pancakes.  But if you like banana bread, these might be a fun breakfast option.  The BEST thing about them is they only require two ingredients and are packed with protein!  I like to dress them up a bit with some optional extras, but they are great plain as well.  
I can't claim to have come up with this by myself, but I still wanted to share the basic concept with my personal preferences to make these yummolicious!  :-D


Banana Protein Pancakes
(makes approximately 4 medium pancakes)

1 banana (the softer, the easier to blend)
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
1/2 tsp cinnamon (optional)
butter (optional)


1.  Blend banana and eggs in mixing bowl.  Add optional vanilla and cinnamon (or any other things that sound good... I bet chopped pecans would also be fantastic!).

2.  Grease cooking pan.  Oil is fine, but butter adds to the flavor in wonderful ways...  Warm pan to medium heat.

3.  Pour pancake-like amounts onto pan.  This "batter" should pour and form just like regular pancakes!

4.  Flip once when bottom side is starting to brown.  Remove from heat once cooked through (or edges are crisping on both sides).

5.  Spread with butter and sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired!).  ENJOY!




No comments: