Saturday, November 26, 2016

dear...




new slippers,
you are perfect.  just the right size (11, thanks to my two pregnancies!).  just the right warmth.  just the right soft gray color.  you make me smile.


indiana ground bedecked in leaves,
thank you for letting me wander around on you.  you made my days good.







autumn colors,
*happy sigh*  i missed you so much last year.  it was lovely to be reacquainted.


warm sweaters,
we only had a short time together.  you are still amazing and my favorite and i miss you now.
till we meet again (hopefully soon if nevada weather cooperates).









parents' house,
you were only my home for two brief years, but it is always nice to come back to you.  you are full of people i love dearly.  thank you for keeping them warm and safe.


random word found in my brother's block tower,
you are a beautiful reminder.  life is insane right now.  my mind is full.  it is hard to still the tornado that is my brain most days.  you made me stop and realize that there is more to life than the routine and responsibilities.  i can get so lost; forget who i am.  i need to pause more often and breathe and be.







new haircut,
you are the shortest my hair has been since i was eight.  and after three weeks i still really like you.  i've been wearing my locks long for so many years that i never considered how something different might feel.  and now i am feeling more me than before.  this is such a small thing for some... but for me it seems like i'm becoming more and more of my new self as a wife and mom.  while i have my moments of missing the length and the gypsy-beauty... you are more true to current-rachel.  i am very happy with you.  thank you for rewarding my risk-taking!


 family... near and far,
you mean so much to me.  whether you've been on this journey with me since birth or have welcomed me in more recent years, i am thankful for you.  you bless me.  you are a gift.








andrew,
i miss you.  i know that i'm back from my trip and each night we can hold each other... but you know it's hard that it's the only time we get.  you work so hard and i am beyond-proud of you.  this season with so little time together is almost over.  we can do this!
  i am so thankful that you are the one i get to share my life with.  thank you for being so strong when i'm depressed or anxious or both.  i love you.  i can't wait to start this new adventure with you and keep loving you!


Jesus.
You know me.  You love me.  You are a healer and comforter and everything.  You make the colors, give the reminders, provide the relationships...  You are so generous.
thank you.






<3
me


No comments: