Monday, November 15, 2010

It's C-c-cold Outside!


I'm a cold person.
No, not cold-hearted.
I'm not Ebenezer Scrooge.
(I love "A Christmas Carol"!)


But my feet are almost always cold.
My fingers easily become icicles.
Only during the hottest weeks of summer am I constantly warm.
It doesn't help that our furnace is broken right now either.

Yet, I love this time of year.
I love the colors.
I love sweaters and scarves.
Mittens and hats.
I love watching my breath become little white clouds.
I love snuggling on the couch with a blanket and book.
I love wearing furry-warm boots.
I love being able to let my hair down and not be too warm.
I love the smells.
I love the hot drinks.
I love big clip-on earrings with jackets.
I love the stillness.
The quiet.
Sitting by the fireplace.

There is a lot to love about autumn.

This outfit is one of them:


I'd never thought of combining my dark blue t-shirt with my dark maroon skirt.
But then, aha!
I have a cute scarf with both colors!
Oh, oh!
And here's a necklace that matches both too!


Add my tan corduroy jacket and yummy boots...
*happy sigh*

Needless to say, I love this outfit.


I'm really blown away by how many things I love and am thankful for this autumn!

Lots of family here in this home.
The love we share.
A semi-warm house.
A fireplace when the space-heaters aren't doing their job.
Pretty candles that smell amazing.
My few very special best friends.
Ideas and hopes.
A God who sees me for all I am.
A Lord that smiles upon me.
A Father that is the perfect example,
the essence,
of love.


Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Miss Eyebright said...

That is a really cute outfit! I love wearing clothes that are appropriate for the seasons, and right now I'm in love with sweaters and socks. I wish I could wear more of them!

I am so enjoying NaNo, and I love to meet like-minded people who also love to write! Isn't writing wonderful? :)