Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's Winds-day!


Hum dum dum ditty dum
Hum dum dum
Oh the wind is lashing lustily
And the trees are thrashing thrustily
And the leaves are rustling gustily
So it's rather safe to say
That it seems that it may turn out to be
It feels that it will undoubtedly
It looks like a rather blustery day, today
It sounds that it may turn out to be
Feels that it will undoubtedly
Looks like a rather blustery day today.
~ Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day



Yes, I know... not my usual content of a blog post.  But this little ditty from a treasured childhood movie fits my day perfectly.  The area I live in is covered with windmills because of how much wind we get here and today they were spinning wildly, I'm sure.  One of our trees (thankfully not one of our very big ones) surrendered to the power of the wind, as did our gazebo.  Walking around outside when the rush of leaves and, ahem, larger items had calmed slightly was amazing.  What a beautiful, blustery day!  Treacherous, yes... especially to autumn decorations seen flying across the highway. 

Isn't it incredible to serve and worship the God who can calm the greatest winds?  Isn't it amazing to be loved by the Lord who could have appeared as a powerful wind, but instead chooses to be a still small Voice to us?  His power, glory, and love are displayed throughout nature... but they still will never truly describe just how great He is.  Our God is indescribably... indescribable.
Yet He chose to make Himself known and dwell among us.

Doesn't it leave you in absolute awe of Him???

God bless!
Rachel

1 comment:

Caitlin M. said...

Yes it does.
I love the wind. I have dreams so often that I am flying, and when the wind blows I feel almost like I could. To me, the wind is a reminder of GOD's presence-- silent yet powerful. Invisible, but there none the less. And GOD is so much stronger than the wind!