Thursday, February 8, 2018

halfway to holding you...




Dear HR,
Today I'm halfway to meeting you! And, as if to mark the occasion, you kicked my hand for the first time today!  It startled me and made me so excited.  I love you so much!!!   Just one more week till I can call you by name.  <3


~ journal exerpt



14-19 weeks!



Today I am twenty weeks pregnant!  As hard as the days can still be health and energy wise, I still can't believe I am halfway done with this pregnancy.  The days are dragging and the weeks are flying.
The biggest update is that not only can I feel baby HR moving, I've also had my hand kicked twice as of this evening.  It still hasn't quite sunk in that we are really having another baby yet.  Hopefully we'll get our minds wrapped around that before June comes.  ;-)






It has been a cold, snowy winter here.  Rennie and I are housebound most days, which leads to many joyous cheers when daddy comes home from work each day.  <3  Andrew and I still are trying to get dates in every or every other week.  Our BIG date next week will take us to a midwife appointment, prenatal chiropractor (yay for me!), and then our mid-pregnancy ultrasound which will tell us the health, size, and gender of our baby!  We are so excited to find out!!!






I will admit that between nausea, exhaustion, and just the cold snuggle-under-blanket-ness that is winter, Rennie and I have had more than our share of screen time.  Her favorites right now are veggie tales, signing time, Frozen, and Cars, and Spirit (which she lovingly calls the "horsey movie").  I HAVE tried to change things up and have us listen to music a bit more and am currently obsessed with "The Greatest Showman" soundtrack (got to watch the film about a month ago and LOVED IT!).






Other fun news is this weekend Andrew and I will begin hosting a twice-monthly fellowship group at our home for young adults (mainly folks in their 20-30's).  We are getting so excited to have friends into our home on a regular basis.  I'm so thankful to be feeling a bit better overall so that being a hostess is actually fun again!



Picture of me today, at 20 weeks!

Well, it is bedtime here.  As I've said so many times before, I hope to be blogging more often in the future (hopefully more than the once per month I've been managing since getting pregnant).  I definitely miss having a laptop (first world problems...).

What are you looking forward to in this wonderful February month?  Have a blessed night, my friends!

No comments: