Monday, March 28, 2016

renniebird... seven months




Oh, my girl has been so smiley today!  It's as if she knows that mommy has been having some rough times and needs cheering.  Today Rennie turns seven months old and continues to be her squishy, adorable self.











At seven months, Serenity:

is more and more talkative (Mamamama and Dadadada are said quite often, though I'm pretty sure she isn't associating them with Andrew and me quite yet)
sits up completely unassisted
is *trying* to crawl
loves standing while holding my hands
has two new teeth, making four total!
weighs 24 pounds
wears 12-18 month clothing
loves to snuggle
bites EVERYTHING
rolls and scoots
prefers mommy and daddy's stuff over her own toys
loves dancing and being twirled
grins at her reflection and pictures of herself
has a fascination with water bottles
wants to touch everything
enjoys being outside!







We celebrated Rennie's first Easter Sunday with her Oma and Opa (Andrew's parents).  It was such a sweet time of laughter, stories, FOOD, and rejoicing in our risen Lord!


















I am  desperately trying to soak in every moment of Rennie's still-little-ness.  This year is disappearing so quickly.  The fact that April is only days away astounds me!  
What is your favorite thing about springtime?  Mine is color returning to the outdoors and wildflowers!  Also, would any of you enjoy an occasional video post with me (and Rennie sometimes!) for updates and ramblings?  Let me know!

<3

1 comment:

Danielle Carlson said...

I'm glad to hear you all had a wonderful Easter. Rennie is so. Beautiful. And grown up. It amazes me how rapidly grown-up babies become. My little niece is only a few months younger than Rennie and it seems that every time I see her, she is bigger, talking & moving more, sprouting more hair, and overall gaining more personality.

My favorite part of spring is definitely the flowers--Indian paintbrush, common henbit, spring beauties, and shepherd's purse are some of my favorites as well as daffodils, tulips, and crocuses. I love the cheery floral prints that I now get to wear (time to unpack the spring/summer clothes!)

I would love to see a video update with you and Rennie!

Dani xoxo
a vapor in the wind