Tuesday, November 18, 2014

tantivy



(adj.) in a headlong dash


Slow down, life.  Yes, days have been flying by me and now it is over halfway through November.  It is so hard to keep going when I barely have time to breathe.  But more on that later, first the outfit.




White Blouse ~ Bealls Outlet
Black Jeans ~ Walmart
Tan Booties ~ Thrifted
Cameo Locket Necklace ~ created by me
Earrings ~ Meijer





I'm in love this this new necklace that was originally two different necklaces.  The cord the cameo was hanging from snapped, so I decided to make a new necklace by adding the now-lonely locket to a necklace my parents gave me several years ago.  Don't the two charms look so pretty together???






Soooo... I haven't talked about hair in a while.  Mostly because mine has caused quite a bit of trouble since moving to this desert-dry climate.  I think I'm finally finding a system that works, but I might also be getting a little antsy with my long hair (and the fact I've pretty much had the same hairstyle since I was fifteen).  Recently I've really been liking a few slightly shorter hairstyles.  So... is my hair just too fantastic to cut (sarcasm)?  Or should I be adventurous and try something new?  Despite his love for my long hair, I DO have the hubby's permission.  And out of respect for his preferences, I would definitely not be going above my shoulders.  Any thoughts???  Even in my anxiety over this, the thought "it will grow back" keeps popping into my brain...  :-P





So overall, I really loved this outfit.  Just basic black and white with vintage-like accessories.  Simple, comfortable, and feminine.  AND I got the chance to wear my tan booties for the first time!  My jeans weren't quite the right length, so I just rolled them up slightly rather than letting them just rest over the tops of the boots.

You'll probably be seeing me in a lot more pants and sweaters in any future outfit posts.  I think I brought the cold Indiana weather to the desert!  And the wind here is CRAZY!!!




Speaking of crazy...  Oh goodness.  Please be praying for Andrew and me.  All the cute-couple-ness in the world hasn't stopped us from going through rough patch after rough patch.  Things were finally starting to calm down with Andrew's work and we had finally started saving money to get me some medical help... then we found out we are being kicked out of our new apartment when our lease comes due (ten days before Christmas).  So now, having just finished unpacking and with hardly any money, we are house hunting again.  This puts off me seeing a doctor any time soon.  It also hasn't been easy finding places... we live in a smaller community AND in a tourist area... so places are few and prices are steep.  Both me and the wonderfully-patient-and-hopeful hubby are feeling the strain.  We also found out that some things will be changing at Andrew's work after the New Year... so we're hoping it won't effect him.   
 Amidst all of this Andrew was able to preach at our church this last Sunday (so proud of him and how he's allowing the Lord to work in his heart through this tough time) and I have joined our church's worship team as a vocalist.  We are getting chances to minister, but feel so very attacked in pretty much every direction.  And no, I'm still not pregnant (that is a hurt that never, ever leaves).  Please, please, please be praying.

Thank you in advance!!!  This blog is such a blessing to my heart.

<3

1 comment:

Natasha Atkerson said...

Oh Rachel, you look lovely! Your blouse is so soft and feminine-love!
I'm sorry you're going through this, life stinks sometimes. :(
I will be praying you find an amazing deal on a house.
Much love in Christ,
Natasha
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com