Wednesday, October 8, 2014

october days



"the world is indeed full of peril and in it there are many dark places.  but still there is much that is fair.  and though in all lands, love is now mingled with grief, it still grows, perhaps, the greater."  j.r.r. tolkien
 
October.
The days have been cooler, hugs have been tighter, and coffee has tasted even better. 
October-so-far has been giving myself bangs one day because I was bored, inventing a healthier mocha frappe, boating with my hubby (never before been out on a raft until last week.  I now officially love it.), going to see a spectacular play with Andrew and his parents, learning to love little ones who push my buttons (children's ministry isn't all sunshine and giggles), knowing that I can barely (and with tears) survive a weekend alone while my husband is out hunting, and realizing more and more how important it is to just be myself.
Oh, and it has also been finding way too many bugs (including cockroaches and spiders) in my house.  Not even mildly appropriate... bugs don't seem to understand that though.

 And October-looking-ahead?  In less than two weeks my sisters will be sitting on the couch with me, soothing this aching-for-family heart of mine.  I'm so excited for morning coffee and midnight ramblings with two of my favorite people.


What about your October?


3 comments:

Natasha Atkerson said...

Super warm! It's insane, 70 deg isn't normal for us this time of year, so we're enjoying it while it lasts.
Happy for you to visit with your sisters!
How long are they staying for?
Natasha
A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Rachel J said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel J said...

Natasha~ hehe, it's in the 70's here too... but compared to how it was all summer, I feels so much better! I can't wait for the 50's to arrive!

My sisters will be here for two weeks! *whoot whoot!!*