Thursday, January 20, 2011

Reflecting...


For those of you wondering...
I am alive and well.
:-)


I know I haven't done much blogging recently
except to comment here and there.

And it's not because there's nothing to blog about!

It's January.
It's snowing.
Life is beautiful,
exquisite,
and cold!

I've been spending a little bit of time with my two youngest siblings each morning.
They are so adorable and make me want to squeeze them till they break.

I love the sweet group of young people at my church's youth group that I'm ministering at.
Last night was a good study time... and I'm not just saying that because my dad taught.
;-)

God has been teaching me a lot about myself recently.
How stubborn I am.
How emotional I am.
How thoughtless I am.
How needy I am.

Not the most attractive list.

But He's also been showing me other things.
How forgiving He is.
How comforting He is.
How understanding He is.
How fulfilling He is.

I'm so thankful for my Savior.
I realize more and more each day how lost I'd be without Him.

What has He been teaching YOU recently?

God bless!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has been teaching me that I need to depend completely on Him, and not on myself. That's something much more easily said than done.

Maiden Princess said...

Dear Rachel,

God has been teaching me to look to Him to be my all in all. To just seek Him for who He is, not for what He can give me. When I seek Him for the priceless gift of Himself, the things I would normally seek Him for ie: peace, contentment exct., just flow naturally.

He truly is marvelous and I think that a lot of times we miss getting to know Him because we are so busy making life about us, how we need to improve, how we need to be perfected; which we obviously do, but we will always need to improve and we'll never reach perfection, so why not make life about the ONE who is perfect and who will never need improvement.

All too often I'm caught up in the truly small matters of life instead of looking at the BIG picture of who God is and getting lost in Him. When focus on Him instead, I notice that fruit comes much more quickly and I'm a much happier and contented person. I have a better outlook on life and on other people because it's no longer about me, it's about His will and His grace, and His power. It's about learning to abide in His presence. (John 15)

With Love in the Savior,
Maiden Princess