Monday, January 31, 2011

Goodbye, January...


Here I am,
less than two hours till February...
And I can't believe it!

Usually January drags for me,
but not this year.
It has flown!!!


I have cried
Some,
but I have laughed
More.

I have learned a lot.
And I've also realized I have a lot more to learn.

I praise God for this month.

Goodbye, January:
It was a good time,
but I'm not sorry to leave you now.
Till next year...

Hello, February:
It's been awhile.
I smile to see you coming towards me.
A lot has changed since last we met.


The future looks bright on this cold, snowy night.
Because I know Who holds my future in His
Loving
Hands.


Isn't it wonderful to serve the God of the universe?
Doesn't it make you smile at the future too?
No matter what it holds...

Lord, whether it hold tears,
laughter,
trials,
or blessing,
I trust You.
My eternity is already sealed and
That is
Enough.


What was January like for you?
Does February bring a smile to your face?

2 comments:

Hannah Grace said...

I'm really glad January is over...for me it was cold and Noah spent a lot of time in the hospital. :-/ Hopefully February will be better. :-)

Blessings,
~Hannah Grace

Natasha Atkerson said...

Great poem! Can't say that Janaury had anything significant...but It went crazy fast!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com