Monday, October 24, 2016

far better things






















today is my last full day living in the home where my daughter was born.  while our stay here hasn't been easy, it has held some of the most precious moments in my life.  there are things i am glad to leave in the dust behind me.  there are others i'll miss: the room where rennie took her first breath, first steps... the smell of sage after rainstorms... mist-covered mountains (cue music).

but i also can't wait to share life with first my dear in-loves and then my indiana family.  i am so excited for rennie to know them.  and i'm ready to leave survival-mode.  i'm ready to thrive.
  

"there are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."
c. s. lewis

<3

1 comment:

Becca Weston said...

Praying for your during this move and transition, Rachel! You have been such a encouragement to me over the past few years!