Thursday, January 7, 2016

christmas for three (plus a survey!)



How special this last Christmas was.  Taking these pictures of Serenity was so surreal... celebrating her first Christmas exactly one year after finding out I was pregnant with her!





I'm a "take it easy during the holidays" type person, hence the sleeper Rennie is wearing.  I was also in pajamas most of Christmas Day.  We did gift-giving and most of our family-visiting the night before.




You may notice that our house is missing a Christmas tree... We started off with one and within one day of having it in the house I was a mess of allergies.  :-(  I have never had a reaction to a tree before, so we're hoping that it was just a coincidence.  Regardless, the tree had to go just in case.  I had to get a little creative with using our ornaments and Christmas lights, which ended up being really fun!!!

Just in case you were wondering if I like Christmas decorations, erm, YES!  My halls are still quite decked and will remain so until I get itchy to change everything over to springtime decor. 




As you can tell by the picture below, Rennie shares my fascination with Christmas lights!!!  She will just lay in my lap, staring at the strand hanging above our picture window (which is also right above the rocking chair where we do most of her nursing!).  It is so cute!!!

I dearly hope this blog continues to be an encouragement to you, my treasured readers.  I know it has been random and jam-packed with baby pictures.  *mom life!*
I would appreciate it SO much if you would take a few seconds to fill out my new blog survey here!  I love knowing your thoughts!  


Blessings, friends!



<3

2 comments:

Becca Weston said...

Serenity is soo adorable, Rachel. I love her inquisitive expression in the first photo. :)

Natasha Atkerson said...

Oh no! I'm allergic to the real Christmas trees. We have an artificial one now. It was weird, I decorated a real one for church and was like, "I don't think I've ever decorated a real tree!" :/
Natasha
A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com