Friday, December 4, 2015

renniebird... three months (a wee bit late)



Okay, more like a week late.
I know I keep saying it, but it bears repeating:  Time.  Is.  Flying.


I can't believe it has been nearly a year since I became pregnant with this sweetheart.  She is changing daily and makes even my hardest days joyful (even the days this week I had stomach flu and a fever).




New events with Serenity are

~ she loves her hands... like LOVES THEM
~  lots of drool
~  her hair is lightening at the roots; wondering if I'll have a little blondie on my hands eventually
~  she now wears 6-9 month clothes and weighs about 17 1/2 pounds
~  she loves being read/sang to
~  she has the cutest laugh (and her daddy can make her outright cackle!)
~  she is very bright-eyed and attentive
~  her "babble" is increasing
~  we fall deeper and deeper in love with her each day





Hehe, her expressions are so priceless!!!
She usually just stares at the camera when I pull it out (sometimes refusing to smile, even if she was super happy just moments before), so it is really fun when I can steal pictures of the many faces of Rennie.











In case anyone is curious, Andrew and I are also doing well (I know that we aren't nearly as exciting as a baby).  ;-)
Andrew works hard, long hours and then comes home to be the sweetest daddy (and hubby) ever!  Rennie just loves him.  They have a special song he does with her when he changes her diaper, which usually puts her in stitches.  
I am pretty much recovered from her delivery.  It has been a difficult road, especially since I have lost so much physical endurance due to how sick pregnancy made me.  My energy is so much better now and nursing is going very well.  Andrew and I are practicing what is called "attachment parenting" (if you are curious about it, I HIGHLY recommend the book "The Ministry of Parenting Your Baby"... so much great stuff from both a medical and Biblical perspective.  It is also a very easy/quick read.).



her eyes just melt me!






We have a busy weekend ahead of us: a breakfast hosted by Andrew's work, a Dickens Festival, a Christmas program at Andrew's family's church (for which Andrew and I will be singing a special!), and getting Christmas decor in our home (me getting sick kind of put that on the back burner).

What are you most looking forward to this Christmas season?

My list is 

warm pajamas
morning snuggles
hot coffee
Christmas music
twinkle lights
the smell of pine
cold weather
fuzzy hats
and
the one-year anniversary of finding out I was pregnant with Serenity!

I will say it AGAIN:  Time flies.


<3

No comments: