Monday, March 9, 2015

where the heart is... indiana trip and second trimester



If home is where the heart is, my heart is in a constant state of confusion.  
Home is Andrew by my side.  Home is hearing Baby J's heart beating.  Home is the faces of my parents and siblings around me.  Home is where Promise waits for me.  Home tears me in different directions.

But the closest I have felt to "home" recently was the week I spent in Indiana.  For the first time in nine months, all of those dearest to me on this earth were with me... and it was beautiful.




We kept life simple.  We didn't even take many pictures.  We just focused on *being* together.

Hence why the only picture I had sent to me that included my sister's special man is us all playing a card game together and you can barely see his face and Jessie does not look impressed.  ;-)  His name is Jacob, by the way.  Yes, they are courting.  And yes (most importantly), Andrew and I like him.  I'm freaking out a little as a big sister, but couldn't help but love them together... Jacob and Jessie... yeah, they're pretty cute.




Something else that is cute is watching my hubby wrestle with my littlest siblings.  He's going to be such a good daddy!




Eh, Andrew being not-so-cute.

My family took a mini-vacation for three days.  Tons of snow and a cabin in the woods???  Sign me up!!!
I still struggled with nausea, but somehow the charm of the cabin made throwing up less terrible.  ;-)





*besties!*


 


Being with this lady was so amazing.  I've missed my Mom so much.  Thankfully she already has tickets bought to come see me next month (April cannot come soon enough)!!!

very cold... Andrew and Josh stayed in the car while we did some exploring




*happy sigh*  Everyone together!




Baby J update!  We reached the 13-week mark while in Indiana!




*preciousness*

We didn't take any pictures the last day or when we said goodbye... too many emotions and the need for that time to stay private.  What an incredible week!  I can't wait till we're all together again.  <3




In life since the trip, I've had my first midwife appointment!  I switched from a regular OB when we figured out that everything was going normally.  I really like the lady I'm with now.  I'm now 14 1/2 weeks along and in the second trimester already!!!  I heard Baby J's heartbeat again last week and am getting so excited to find out next month if we're having a boy or a girl!  Continued prayers for baby's health and safety would be so appreciated... I can still be so anxious.  Prayers for my energy to return and for the nausea to ease would also be lovely.  I'm still not feeling much better and am getting *so* antsy to be able to set up this new house of ours (yes, finding out you're pregnant soon after moving puts a damper on decorating!).

One thing I'm loving right now is the March weather.  Yesterday Andrew and I were able to open up the house and get fresh air flowing!  That is a welcome change!

What has March been so far for you?  What are you looking forward to in the next month?

<3


4 comments:

TrulyAragorn said...

Glad you had a good visit, and I LOVE the pictures - especially the top one with your mom and sisters. Still praying for you, Andrew, and Baby J! <3

Danielle Carlson said...

Rachel, I understand that feeling of having your heart pulled in so many different directions. It's one of those things that, I feel, gets harder and harder as you get older.

Baby J is growing so fast! It's so exciting to see the joy your whole family shares in your baby. My older sister is due to have her second baby this August and we're all really excited as well! She had her first baby in the hospital but this time round she's going to have a home birth instead, so that's going to be an adventure!

I hope everything continues to go well for you and your family. I love reading your updates. You have such an encouraging and uplifting faith in God and love for life.

God bless!

a vapor in the wind

Anonymous said...

SO. HAPPY. I just cannot even handle it.

I love you!

Natasha Atkerson said...

Looks like you had an awesome trip! I have to agree, Jessica and her beau make a cute couple!
Thanks for sharing pics.
Natasha
A modest fashion blog: www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com