Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Journey... Life Post


I get wanderlust.  I have my lovely Mom to thank for that.

I don't know where I want to go or even if I truly want to leave, but I just know that change has to come and it excites me!


I'm also a homebody and adapt fairly quickly to daily patterns... which, granted, is very strange when combined with someone who likes it when life shakes things up a bit.

Well, my dears, life is getting shaken.


Why, you ask with quizzical gaze, am I looking at a picture of your kitchen cabinets?

I thought you'd never ask.

Because they were the first physical step for me.  Yes, there have been prayers and phone calls and long talks, but never has change seemed so real as when I brought down the decorations from the top shelves in my kitchen yesterday.

Oh yes, Andrew and I are moving (again).  But it is so very different this time.



I have always lived in Indiana... I have lived in about a dozen places in Indiana, but have always stayed in one state.

I knew that wouldn't last though when I married a man from the west (who does not see Indiana as "Midwest" but as "pretty much East").

Part of my joy as Andrew's wife is seeing his dreams fulfilled.  A big dream for him is to pursue a life and ministry out west.  So, starting this week, I will be slowly packing away our worldly goods so we can move away in the late spring from my beloved rolling fields and majestic trees.

Beautiful dish set from Sweden gifted to me... now being packed away.
Where is our destination?  For now, Utah.
I know... that's pretty far from Indiana.

But!!!

Life-stories like this is why I blog... it is why I share my life... it is why I write.  Because, even though I have no idea what the future holds for me in this far-off land of mountain-views and zero-humidity (cue hair filled with static!), my sweet Savior is already there with great plans for me.


So, as I wrap fragile dishes for a journey, I let my heart be wrapped in my Lord's love and goodness.  After all, He is the reason I love Andrew.  He is the reason we, as a couple, have a passion for ministry.  He is the reason I go.

And, though it scares me to my core, it thrills my soul.


Please pray.  There is so much to be done... and so much of it will be done on faith.

It means leaving my entire family behind and moving out to where I know almost no one.  It means a new home, new job, new life.  And I know it won't be easy.  But I also know Who goes before me and He says, "Courage, dear heart.".




"There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You take us with you, don't forget...as part of our hearts make the journey with you, pray for you, cheer you on, and never stop loving you! You're not alone in this journey and that is so comforting. He's blazing your trail and strengthening you and equipping you! I'm so happy that you both are giving the Lord the "lead" in your lives together!
Love always,
Marmee

Blythe said...

Oooo,,very exciting and business!!!:) have a great adventure!:)

Ashley B. said...

Rachel! How exciting yet scary. Since I live in Oregon, we'll be neighbors! Hope y'all have a smooth move (without anything braking, being lost or stolen :P) and I pray that your ministry will be blessed! I'll be keeping you in my prayer! <3

Ashley B.

Hannah Barta said...

How wonderful and yet how scary! I live in Washington and I visited Indiana last summer. The humidity in comparison was shocking (though I'd been back East a couple times before that)! I hope you transition smoothly.

ellieenen.wordpress.com