Saturday, April 18, 2015

evening breeze... maternity outfit post

 


Hello friends!  
Soooo, I am thrilled to be pregnant.  I know what a miracle this baby is and am thankful every moment... but it has not been easy.  The first trimester was dreadful and second trimester still has had difficult moments/days.  And clothing-wise things have been interesting.  Maternity pants are fine, but they aren't always the most comfortable thing.

 In walk maxi skirts to save the day!  They are soft, stretchy, and so versatile!




Blue Blouse ~ Gift (believe it was originally from Ross)
Gray Maxi Skirt ~ Walmart
White Sweater ~ Thrifted
White Lace Flats ~ Walmart
Flower Headband ~ Walmart
Eiffel Tower Earrings ~ Meijer
Charm Necklace ~ Walmart

  


This outfit was SOOOO comfy to wear.  Every inch of fabric was super soft.  

My over-sized sweater is hands down my favorite item of clothing!  It works with pretty much any outfit.  This was the perfect piece to throw on as the day cooled in the evening.




I recently picked up this headband and loved the subtle feminine charm it added to this outfit.  Paired with my pearl and Eiffel Tower earrings, my outfit felt complete!





So, how many of you (lady readers, of course) like wearing maxi skirts?  Do any of you like oversize sweaters/cardigans?  What are your favorite accessories?  If any of you are/have been pregnant, what have been your favorite items to wear as your body changed?

<3

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love wearing maxi skirts!!! They are so comfortable yet they can really dress up an outfit. I love the look of oversized sweaters/ cardigans, sadly they do not look great on my body type. Never been pregnant so can't help you there. I think I have the same shoes. They are so adorable!

Love reading your posts! I have been praying for you and Serenity!
Abigail

Hannah Snipes said...

I love them too! :D I only have one and I have two maxi dresses, but I do love them! They're so pretty and feminine, not to mention slightly stylish. :D Yeah, I haven't been pregnant yet either lol, but pregnancy sure looks great on you, Rachel! :D Do you know about the Duggar family? I think you would love them if you haven't. They have a reality TV show called 19 Kids and Counting, and the older children have been getting married and having babies this past year! Jill Duggar Dillard just had her first baby! :D Anyway, I'll shut up now lol. Love your post! :)

Unknown said...

Maxi skirts are the best! I found a really cool site that sells all sorts of high end stuff cheap (I blogged about them here:http://majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com/blog/-overpriced-clothes-and-a-easy-solution-w-linky) and I dont know what I would do without them!

I just got like my first denim skirt and I cant wait to publish the review next Saturday!!

Ive never been pregnant either, but I know what its like feeling bloated not to have to squeeze into a pair of pants!

Kate @ http://majesticgoldenrose.weebly.com/

Unknown said...

I'm so excited for you!! You look absolutely gorgeous:) Cute outfit<3 -Bethany!

Sabrina said...

Gorgeous outfit! The floral headband is an adorable touch.

Rachel said...

Hey Rachel! I'm right about as far along as you, 23 weeks, and though I haven't worn any maxi skirts yet, I am LOVING maxi dresses. They make your bump look super cute :-) love this outfit!

Natasha Atkerson said...

You look adorable, Rachel!
Although I've never been prego, I think it's adorable to wear a cropped jacket, just makes their bump look so cute.
You should check out www.clothedmuch.com (she no longer blogs, but I remember she always looked adorable, even pregnant)
Natasha
A modest fashion blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

OldFashionGirl said...

So very pretty! How precious to see your pregnancy journey progress!