Tuesday, November 19, 2013

One and a half years...


I can scarcely believe it!  It has been a year and a half since Andrew became my husband!




God has brought us through so much together in this short-yet-feeling-longer span of time.  He has carried us through conflict and hurt.  He has strengthened us through long work hours and crazy schedules.  He has held us through loss.  He has grown us in love. 


I just recently wrote about how blessed I am to be married to this man. 

And, guess what?  Nothing has changed!!!   ;-)


"Well, I still remember the first time
I felt the power of your kiss
It hit me like a bolt of lightning
I said, 'I never will recover from this'


And like the words from the mouth of a prophet
I have lived to see those words come true

 Just look at me now, I'm still reeling


With every little kiss I'm reminded
How wonderful it is to be in love with you
With every little look, with every little touch
With every little kiss


 Like a moth being drawn to a candle
This is something that I can't resist
I guess you could say I'm addicted
'Cause I keep coming back again and again


And after all of the storms that we've weathered
All the seasons of change we've been through

 Somehow the flame keeps getting brighter


With every little kiss I'm reminded
How wonderful it is to be in love with you
With every little look, with every little touch


 With every little kiss you give me just a little taste of heaven
Just one more good gift that God has given
I don't want to miss one single little kiss."

~ "With Every Little Kiss"  Steven Curtis Chapman

Andrew, I love you so much; more than when you asked me to marry you, more than I did on our wedding day, and even more than I did yesterday.  Thank you for loving me so patiently, so tenderly, so intensely.  You are the greatest earthly gift the Lord has given me and I am blessed to be your wife.

Yes, yes, for this reason a man leaves all else behind and holds fast to his wife.  I must say, I really like this whole marriage thing!  :-D

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

God bless!

3 comments:

Blythe said...

Awwww,congratulations!!! I absolutely adore your skirt I the first few photos!!!!

Natasha Atkerson said...

While I don't know you in "real" life, I feel like I know you through your blog! Seems like just last month you posted about getting married! Insane of fast time flies!
Thanks for being a Godly example to the girls on your blog of a lovely God centered marriage filled with love. I can see, even from photos, how much both of you simply glow with love for one another!
Have a beautiful day lady,
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Jazzie Shea said...

Just stumbled across your blog through Delight!
I must say... this post is just too precious!!

xxo. Jazzie
www.jsheaa.blogspot.com