Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Midweek Modesty -- Snug as a Bug


Gray and Tan Sweater, Moccasins --- Thrifted
Blue Jeans, Gray Undershirt, Gray Scarf --- Walmart
Silver Hoop Earrings --- Meijer
Many Clocks Necklace --- crafted by me


Hey there!  Yes, it has been a while since I posted... Life really hasn't been so much busy as it has been crazy.  It's been a time of mental exhaustion rather than physically running around like mad.  And that most certainly impairs my get-up-and-go when it comes to mental things like writing a blog post.  :-P


Andrew and I have been talking a lot about our future and have a bunch of decision-making to do in the next few months.  We're not sure exactly where we will be going or what we'll be doing.  Yep, lots of prayer ahead.


Life has also been nuts in that Andrew's work has been giving him really long hours, but, thankfully, the last two days he has gotten home at a decent time and we've been able to enjoy more of life together without him being so extremely exhausted.


Oh yeah, another big thing for me is that I finally took the driver's permit test again (after more than a year of just having an I.D. and no way to practice driving) and I PASSED!  Hopefully I'll be better at handling my stress and anxiety while driving this time around.  *as I chew my fingernails off in nervous anticipation*


One beautiful thing that I really have been enjoying amidst the insaneness is how gorgeous the weather has been so far this week.  It was so amazingly crisp and gorgeous yesterday with some light rain in the evening... just amazing!


Something else I've been working through is this blog of mine.  I love the randomness (kind of reflects my life in that way!).  I'm not sure I will be doing the Modestly Monday posts anymore, but (to those of you who have shared how much you enjoy them) I WILL continue to do outfit posts whenever I can, I promise.  I'm also considering a blog revamp (design change and new name... a name that reflects more who I am now as a married lady).  If any of you blog-friends have any thoughts on this, feel free to share them with me.  Cause we all know how awesome comments are, right?  ;-)


Before I wrap up this blog post, I should probably say something about what I'm wearing in these pictures. 

It is so comfy.  My hair was super simple to do.  I adore scarves.  I am happy wearing this outfit. 
The End.

:-D


Hope you all are having a fantastical week!  Thank you to those who have been such an encouragement to me through these last months.  Thank you for your prayers and love.

God bless!

7 comments:

Rebecca Ann said...

I <3 your outfit, especially your hair, sweater, and clock necklace Rachel! I love that you made the necklace yourself too. :) I will praying for Gods direction for you both as you pursue Christ with the future. Yep its so hard sometimes, I also exhausted emotionally and mentally today too. I just got back from a young women's retreat for Creative gals. It was amazing! God showed me so much about himself. I think you would enjoy their webpage as well as fb page. www.delightandbe.com I am sending you a request to be apart of the fb group. :)

In Christ with love,
Rebecca

Khloe Grace said...

I think it would be great if you did a blog revamp! I enjoy your fashion posts so much so never stop!:) I do free blog design on my blog, so I would love if you would check it out!
keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I am a new reader of you're blog! But i love the fashion blogs you are doing! So i hope that you will in further with them on a regular basis! Greetings from the Netherlands Sjoukje

Livia Rachelle said...

Can I please pin the photo of your necklace to Pinterest?!
I think I have some sisters that might want to try to make something similar.

Rachel said...

Livia Rachelle,
You most certainly may. I would appreciate it if you could link the picture back to my blog. Thanks for asking.

Blessings!
Rachel

Natasha Atkerson said...

Cute, as always, Rachel!

Personally, I really enjoy your outfit posts! So hopefully, you'll still keep posting those!

It's your blog, so I say-go for it! Change it, remold it! Make it yours! My mom complains that I change my blog too much! ;) It's weird, because I just LIKE change! I know most people don't, but I do!
Praying for you!
Your sister in Christ,
Natasha
PS: pssst...you were my inspiration to cut my bangs! :)
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

Natasha~

I WILL be doing more outfit posts (I really enjoy it!). So no worries there.

I haven't really changed my blog at all since I started it several years ago... I feel like Maid for More has had it's time (and it has been a wonderful time)... but I'm a very different person now than the gal who started this blog. Hopefully everyone will be okay with the "new me" as it comes out through a revamp. :-)

Love your bangs! Awesome!!!

Thank you for the prayers!
Blessings!
Rachel