Monday, September 9, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 48} she plays the piano




Gray Graphic T-shirt--- Thrifted
Blue Maxi Skirt--- Refashioned by me (dress from Walmart)
Black Flats--- Walmart
Blue Butterfly Clip--- Michaels
Union Jack Earrings--- Meijer


 Who doesn't love a soft, airy skirt on a summer day?  And seriously!  This is one of those "so comfy it's hard to believe it's not pajamas" outfits.  :-)


 Sometimes it is hard to wear t-shirts in a feminine way... and there come maxi skirts flying to the rescue!  I just love how diverse a solid colored skirt can be.


 I wanted to keep this outfit simple, but I couldn't help the extra touch of my new blue butterfly clip.  I've worn it in my hair and it also clips perfectly to the neckline of my shirts.

So yes, this is my outfit for the week.  What kinds of clothes do you find to be super fun and comfy to wear (yes, besides pajamas)?!  Do you still like to be feminine when wearing comfy outfits or do you prefer to be super casual?



Yesterday was a good day of worship.  I play the piano and sing every Sunday at church and sometimes it can be a hard, time consuming commitment.  But some days I can see what a blessing it is to be able to use my own talents to bring glory to God.  It really is a privilege.  And there are some incredible moments when dozens of voices are lifted in praise and your fingers are flying around the ivories and your spirit soars and your heart only wants more.  Those are the beautiful moments when it is SO worth it.


 Today I am thankful for the chance to rest... my family was busy all weekend with a huge garage sale.  Today is a simple day, uneventful so far, and I'm off to make myself a cup of coffee.

Hope you all have a beautiful Monday!

God bless!

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

This is so neat! I love it :) God bless!!

Rachel said...

That butterfly shirt is so pretty and unique! I definitely love outfits that both look nice and are comfy!

The Random Writings of Rachel

abbyredeemed said...

I love your outfit, Rae!
-Recently I've been wearing lots of "dress shirts" (the casual, cottony kind) and have been loving them! They can be so comfy, and yet look nice, too.
I know what you mean about music thrilling your soul! So many times already on campus we've been worshipping, and my heart has soared! Good music is such a blessing! Keep playing.
Love Abby,
whose new blog address is
http://abbymorethanconqueror.wordpress.com/

Natasha Atkerson said...

Lovely outfit, as always, Rachel! You have such a nack for dressing so feminine! It's truly lovely!

I play bass guitar and sing at my church! I'm playing piano right now and would really like to take it to church at some point-just not an extrovert, so doing things in front of people seems 10X harder to me!

How are you doing? I hope your doing better this week, though I'm sure it's still hard.
Your sister in Christ,
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com