Monday, July 29, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 44} Makes me want to dance




Vintage-Inspired Dress-- Thrifted
Black T-shirt-- Kohls
Black Flats-- Thrifted
Black Belt-- Walmart
Silver Earrings-- Walmart
Silver and Pearl Headband-- made by me


If you're anything like me, you would be holding your breath while trying on this thrift shop dress in the little corner dressing room, just hoping against hope that it would fit!  It did and I just love it.  To make it a little more modest for a church service, I wore a black shirt underneath.  I could probably also just wear a cami secret with this to make the neckline a bit higher since the shoulder straps are decently wide, though honestly I do like the comfort and covering the t-shirt offers.  This dress is also extremely comfortable as the back is gathered, allowing it to stretch as I move *happiness!!!!*.


Another bonus about this dress (oh yeah, besides it actually being long enough for this 5'9'' girl!) is that my hubby really likes it.  YAY!  He was quite pleased for me when I found it and commented upon seeing me in it for church how nice it looked.  *big cheesy in-love grin*


To accent this dress, I chose to wear a black skinny belt and black flats.  Since this dress is so unique, I really wanted to keep my accessories simple.


I found these amazing earrings on sale at Walmart.  They are super light, so they don't make my ears sore *happy dance*. 


I just love vintage-styled things, outfits, decorations, etc...  I adore the feeling of being feminine, classy, and even other-era-ish.  :-)


So, what style do YOU most enjoy wearing? 
My favorites are things lacy, vintage, or anything that makes you think "Renaissance". 

Do you find yourself wearing clothes that you love or just clothes because, of course, you need to wear them?  Do you love looking into your closet or do you find yourself "going blind" when you examine your wardrobe (as in "I have nothing to wear!").

I will actually be (hopefully) doing a blog post soon about how I am trying to revamp my closet, clothes, accessories, and just dress the way I love! 

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!
God bless!


4 comments:

Hannah Elise said...

So excited for the upcoming "closet-revamping" post!

That dress is beautiful. I, too, like feeling like I'm "from another era" :) And vintage dresses always look so classy.

Natasha Atkerson said...

Anticipating your future post!
I don't know why, but when the weather is hot, like right now, I just stare at my clothing! Nothing seems to jump out at me! Winter time is different, I think maybe because I can layer and wear scarves and the like more.
Lovely dress! You look so whimsical! =)
And yes, I know what you mean! I have a party when something fits!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Khloe Grace said...

I didn't even know you were wearing a t-shirt until you mentioned it!
keepcalmandsparkle1099.blogspot.com

Patrizia said...

I love this dress & I love you inthis dress! Just adorable :0)