Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 42} Oh my, one day late...




Gray Blouse-- Thrifted
Blue Maxi Skirt-- Refashion by me (original blue dress from Walmart)
Black Flip-flops-- Walmart
Silver Hoop Earrings-- Meijer
Floral Necklace and Bracelet Set-- Crafted by me


I threw together this outfit last-minute for my sister's graduation open house.  It turned out to be SO super comfortable and I was surprised by the amount of compliments I received (unexpected feedback on wardrobe choices is so heart-warming).  I ended up wearing this outfit again to church this last Sunday and again was so pleased with how airy and light this outfit was.  No layering is such a blessing when you're playing music up on the platform where it can get rather warm.


For my hair, I had washed it the night before so I simply pulled the front part up at the top of my head (teasing a little bit first) and fastened it with bobby-pins, then did a princess twist to one side and pulled my hair over my shoulder.

I made this necklace and bracelet set a little while back and really loved wearing them!  I think my favorite feature is the lock and key clasp on the necklace!


My skirt I refashioned from an oversized maxi dress that I bought on sale at Walmart last year (for only $3!!!).  I simply cut the top part off, sewed it right side to right side to a piece of thick, black elastic that I had already measured and sewn to fit around my waist, and VOILA!  All the hemming was already done and it was probably one of the easiest sewing projects I have ever done!  I did the same thing with a red dress and wore the skirt in this outfit post last year.



Yesterday I spent the whole day with my Mom and siblings at Lake Michigan.  I got to sing at the top of my lungs in the van, splash around in the water, bask in the sun, eat yummy picnic food, read on the beach, and sing more!  It was one of those perfect days... 


So, how often do you refashion items of clothing? 
How often do you wear skirts during the hotter months?

Hope you all have a lovely Tuesday!  I must go, I hear coffee calling my name.

God bless!


1 comment:

Natasha Atkerson said...

You always look so pretty, Rachel!
I've refashioned a few things, but I generally try to stay away from purposefull refashioning, as I'm not very good at following through, they just end up sitting around untouched! =)
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com