Monday, June 10, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 37} Garden of Blue... AND Video Hair Tutorial!




Blue "Patchwork" Floral Sundress-- Walmart
Black Tee-- Kohls
Black Netted Flats-- Walmart
Blue "Gem" Earrings-- Walmart

 I said in my last post that my favorite way to dress in the warm months is to wear sundresses, so how appropriate that my next outfit should include one.  :-) 



This is probably my favorites sundress that I own... it is so perfectly me.  Not too crazy or neon-bright, yet really fun in the fabric design.  It really makes me think of a garden of blue flowers!



I bought these earrings on my honeymoon to go with this dress.  They are definitely another favorite of mine.


For my hair, I just loosely iron-curled it in four big sections, shook upside down (and ran my fingers through the curls to loosen them), and I was good to go!


 So yes, this is my favorite summer style.  Very flowy, airy, and feminine.

 This video is a hair tutorial for the hairstyle I had in this post since I had a request to share how I did it.  I actually ended up re-braiding the "top braid" afterwards since one section didn't quite match the rest (I'm a bit picky that way).  This hairstyle should take about five minutes once you know what you're doing and how it works in your own hair. 


Hope this was helpful and that you enjoyed this post!  Have a lovely Monday!

God Bless!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

I wish we were more than just blog friends. You seem like such an amazing girl! If you lived closer to me I would be always hanging out with you:)LOVED the hair video, btw! Your are awesome:-)

Love and blessings,
Kelsey

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I'm always looking for new ideas! Love the four-strand braid.
:)

Hannah Elise said...

I love the style! And four-strand braids look so unique :)

You mentioned that you're always trying to find a way to get your hair off your neck. Have you been on rapunzelsresource.wordpress.com? It was built by a long-haired lady specifically for other ladies with long hair. Even though my hair is just below my shoulders, I love looking at the styles and wishing my hair was long again! :)

Natasha Atkerson said...

Adorable dress, Rachel!
My sister and I were just looking at those shoes to buy in Kmart!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Megan and Abby said...

Thanks so much for the hair tutorial- Please make one for the four strand braid, because it looks really pretty (and probably easy, I just didn't pick up on how to do it). Also, I never knew how to do that "princess twist" before, so that's something I'll be sure to try soon.
-Abby