Monday, May 20, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 35} You'll Never Walk Alone





Dress- Walmart???
Black Tee- Kohls
Black Belt- Thrifted
Black Flats- Thrifted
Cameo Locket Necklace- crafted by me
Hat with Veil- local antique store


This was the outfit I wore to the Mother/Daughter Banquet I attended recently.  With a theme of "Hats Off to Moms", I knew instantly I would be dressing in my favorite style (modern twist on vintage!) and would have an excuse to wear this hat that I picked up at an antique store nearly two years ago!


I bought this dress years ago.  It was a very-blue denim and I never wore it!!!  Last year I rediscovered it and gave it a wash (it had been packed away in a bin and smelled weird!).  On accident, there was also a red towel thrown in the washer with this dress and the denim blue color was changed into a soft blue/light purple color that I absolutely ADORE!  I couldn't have chosen a better color if I had planned it!


For my hairstyle, I twisted most of my hair into a loose bun at the back of my neck, leaving a few strands loose to curl around my face.


To top it off, I added a black belt and flats, then my vintage-style cameo necklace for the finishing touch.  All in all, this was a very comfortable outfit and very much my style!  Seriously, who doesn't love wearing old-fashioned hats every once in a while?!


So, question for those of you following my fashion posts:  do you prefer seeing one or two outfits with my Modestly Monday posts AND would any of you like to see other outfits every once in while apart from the weekly Modestly Monday posts (especially if I start doing only one outfit at a time)?

Just curious!  :-)

Hope you all have a blessed day!


7 comments:

Rachel said...

Oooh, I know I would jump at an opportunity to wear a hat like that! Gorgeous!

Kelsey said...

Such a cute outfit, Rach! I LOVE how vintage yet still modern and cute it looks. Good job. For me personally I like seeing as many outfits as you can post. I always look forward to your outfits :D

Blessings,
Kelsey

Leah K. Oxendine said...

Very cute and classy! I love the hat.

-Leah Kathryn
apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com

Natasha Atkerson said...

Beautiful outfit, Rachel! That hat is so adorable!
Personally, I would prefer seeing one, then maybe spreading the outfits out over the week? You know, get the posts ready on Monday, set them to post throughout the week when you don't have to worry about them! It's also easier for me to load less photos, since I'm on dial up!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Sereina Charise said...

What a cute outfit, Rachel! I love the loose curls. It's really pretty!

Megan and Abby said...

I love all your outfits, and this one looks really fun! I would personally love to see more outfits!

*I went to a thrift store yesterday and bought two beautiful and low-priced dresses! Yay for thrifting! :)

Kelsey Bang said...

that dress is so cute and that hat is darling!
kelseybang.com