Monday, May 13, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 34} If you can't live in a fairytale, dress like you do




Mint Green Lacey Blouse-- Meijer
White Undershirt-- Walmart
Blue Jeans-- Thrifted
White Flip-flops-- Walmart
Rose and Bird Necklace-- crafted by me (charm from Hobby Lobby)
Pale Rose Earrings- crafted by me (charms from Hobby Lobby)


Nothing makes me feel more feminine and beautiful than outfits like this.  I am in love with the color, flowy-ness, and overall vintage/fairytale feel of this blouse!



I recently thrifted these jeans... which is a great find for someone of my height and build!  They are now my favorite pair of jeans.



While Andrew and I were at Hobby Lobby, he found this charm and instantly thought of me.  He brought it over to where I was browsing another rack of jewelry supplies and had my attention the second he held it up in front of me.  :-)  I usually add beads and other stuff to charms... but this one was so lovely by itself that I didn't want to take away from it by overpowering it with other stuff.


Another recent project.  I wear these earrings with many different outfits now!



I French-braided my damp hair the day before and let it dry overnight.  In case anyone is wondering about where my curly hair went: well, my perm is loosening up quite a bit, so my hair looks much better either straightened, iron curled, or like this.


Oh, the drama!  ;-)


"Denim" Blue Shirt-- Walmart
Pink Undershirt-- Walmart
White Skirt-- don't remember, I've had it for so long!
Silver Flip-flops-- Gift
Blue Flowers Scarf-- another don't remember!
Gold Butterfly Earrings-- Target


This was my piano-teacher outfit last week.  I think the hairstyle and scarf really help me pull off that look.  :-)


I hadn't worn this skirt in quite a while... so long, in fact, that I had to alter it to fit.  I guess I've gained a little bit of weight since I bought it at age 13!  ;-)


I pulled my hair into a messy bun.


My aunt gave me these flip-flops several years ago.  They have been my go-to shoes ever since then!  They are so neutral and that really helps with outfit-planning.


I waited until I was nineteen to pierce my ears (mostly because I hate pain!).  Let me tell you, after years of wearing clip-ons, I am so glad I finally gritted my teeth and got my ears pierced.  One of my favorite things is now being able to wear cute stud-earrings like these!


So, I really enjoyed wearing this outfit.  Very soft, comfortable, and flowy.  And also very piano-teacher.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This week has been full of ups and downs.  I have been going through a lot mentally and emotionally and I am also the type of person that, when I am struggling on the inside, I start to show signs of it physically.  It has been hard for me to come to grip with the need to change, but as I look back to other times that inner struggles have caused problems for me physically (it hasn't been extreme enough yet to cause weight-loss, thankfully), I realize just how much I need God's strength to help me work through these things.  Prayers would definitely be appreciated.  That I would be wise, have peace, and trust the Lord better each day.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

God bless!

4 comments:

Ashley@ stay-at-home daughter said...

I always enjoy these posts. Just beautiful! :-)

Hannah Elise said...

Oh, I'm sorry that your life has been tough lately :( That's hard. In April I went through a period of that and it was nasty, yet somehow (if this is believable) also refreshing ... it was so good to cry about something! I'll be praying for you.

You look beautiful in both these outfits (well, you look beautiful all the time, but you know...). I especially love the lacy mint babydoll. I can see why you would feel extra feminine and pretty in it!

Josie said...

So... you're cute. And both outfits are super pretty and very you! I can't decide which one is my favorite. As for what you're going through- I'm praying for you, my friend.

Leah K. Oxendine said...

I love both outfits! Especially the piano teacher one. Very cute and professional looking.


Blessings!

-Leah Kathryn
apassionatafortheking.blogspot.com