Monday, May 6, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 33} Busy, busy, busy!



I can't say it enough:  I love my new house.

That's a really good thing since it has been taking up most of my time as of late.
It is crazy having to move all of your stuff and reorganize/redecorate a whole new home twice in one year. 
It has been fun though!

AND, amidst it all, I managed to get some outfit pictures to share!


Black and White Striped w/ Lace Blouse- Meijer
Black Undershirt- Walmart
Blue Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Black Flats- Walmart
Mockingjay Pocket-Watch Necklace- gift from my incredible Mom!
Pale Rose Earrings- made by me
New York Theme Purse- Thrifted


Perfect for a day out shopping, date to the coffee shop, or just to feel nice around the house!  I really love how comfortable this outfit was to wear.  It just adore being comfortable while still being pretty and feminine.


Colored pants/skirts are an amazing solution to making a neutral-colored blouse look wonderful.  :-)


I am IN LOVE with my recent thrift store find!  So different, so unique... so "travel the world".  :-)


This necklace was a birthday present from my Mom.  Most of you wouldn't know this, but I really love The Hunger Games book series.  I rarely read non-Christian literature outside of classics, but I actually enjoyed the trilogy and how it took my imagination for such an amazing ride!  My Mom is also a lover of the series, so when she saw this necklace, she knew she'd found the perfect gift.

And she was SO right!


Best feature???  Open and you have a watch!!!  I wear this necklace all of the time.  I adore the fashion statement of the "locket/stop-watch" look... plus I love the practicality of having a watch on-hand (or rather, around-neck) whenever I need it.


This blouse is a more recent find.  I just love the lacey top (giving that touch of femininity) and the soft, knit body of the shirt (comfort!!!).  Yes, it is amazing!


My nails are this amazing Retro Mint ("wet n wild" brand).  The polish was another birthday gift, this time from my sister, Natalie.  Since I'm a late-bloomer when it comes to actually caring how my nails look, my sisters have been great at adding to my collection of colors!  And this is probably my favorite right now.


Purple and Blue Dress- Walmart
White Halftee- halftee.com
Blue Sandals- Thrifted
Pearl Necklace and Bracelet- made by me


This was my church outfit this week.  I am completely enamored with the girly, flowy-ness of this dress.  It also has a very soft fabric for the second layers that makes it incredibly comfortable.


Since I don't wear noodle-straps by themselves for modesty's sake, I paired this dress with a simple, white halftee.  I can't stress how handy these halftees are when it comes to layering.  It was so nice to not have a longer shirt bunching up around my waist.  :-)


I found these shoes a month or so ago while thrift-shopping.  I just love the fun color!


This necklace and bracelet set is actually inspired by the necklaces I made my bridesmaids for their wedding attire.  Aren't pearls amazing???  They can be dressed up or down and they always add that pretty touch.


Totally note related to outfit:  I love spring.  It sure has come late this year, but it is worth the wait as all the trees are blooming!!!



Hope you all have a loverly day!  I'm off to tidy the house while listening to Lord of the Rings music!  :-)

Question for you all:
What do you prefer:  style or comfort?  If the latter, do you find ways not to surrender your need for comfort while still dressing in a modest, feminine way?  Do you wear clothes that I actually enjoy?

God bless!

2 comments:

Mikailah Autumn said...

oh, you are so lovely, Rachel, and i love your outfits. :) also, your necklace/watch is pretty neat. ;) Spring is so beautiful; i love that tree you're posing by in some of your pictures.

so glad you are loving your new home! i can't wait to see pictures. :)

many blessings!
xo,
Mikailah

Natasha Atkerson said...

Oh, such cute outfits! Great job (once again!) Rachel!

And that watch/necklace is awesome! I haven't read the books, but I liked the movie-aren't they supposed to be releasing the next movie soon?
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com