Monday, March 11, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 26} All week long...




Oh, my goodness!  I have SIX outfits to share today!  I did combine them into one picture collage per outfit, that way ya'll didn't have to weed through dozens of pictures.  ;-)  Pretty much, I just took some pictures in the mirror every day this last week.  Hope you enjoy!  These outfits are fun ideas for good old everyday fashion.

Teal Heart Sweatshirt- Thrifted
Grey Cami- Walmart
Blue Jeans- either thrifted or hand-me-downs

Monday was simple and casual.  Very warm and fun!  For my hair, I simply took some hair from the front and clipped it at the back.


Black and White Plaid Shirt- Thrifted
White Halftee- halftee.com
Blue Jeans- thrifted or hand-me-downs
Black Rose Necklace- charm from Hobby Lobby, necklace made be me

Another casual outfit spruced up a bit with a necklace.  Again, with my hair, I just took some sections from the front and pulled them back, only I twisted the strands this time.


Grey Striped Cardigan- Thrifted
Black Cami- Walmart
Teal Skinny Jeans- Walmart
Blue Feather Hair-Clip- Walmart

I fun "going out" outfit.  Andrew had the day off of work, so we did some grocery shopping and house hunting!  This outfit was nice and warm for the time outside, yet still fun and stylish.  For my hair, I just twisted my bangs back and held them in place with some bobby pins and my feather hair-clip.


Red Sweater- Thrifted
White Cami- Thrifted
Blue Jeans- thrifted or hand-me-downs
Tan Boots- Thrifted
Les Miserables Charm Bracelet- Cadillac Theatre in Chicago

The day I wore this outfit, I went to a gun range with my dad and sister, Jessie, so I needed something with a high neck to keep hot shells from falling down the front of my shirt!  So, I pulled out on old favorite.  I "girly-fied" my style by french braiding the top part of my hair, pushing it forward a bit to make it look "full", and then holding it in place with some bobby pins.  I then "awesome-fied" my outfit with the best bracelet I've ever owned!  :-)


Light Blue Collared Shirt-  Walmart
White Cami- Walmart
Purple Skinny Jeans- Original slacks thrifted, dyed and altered by me
Plaid-patterned socks- Thrifted new
Purple Patterned Scarf- Walmart
Bracelet- gift from my Hubby when we were courting

I loved wearing this outfit!  It was so fun and spring-like, yet still warm.  I will definitely be wearing this combo again!  I just love the colors.  :-)


Tan Cardigan- Walmart
Black Cami- Walmart
Blue Jeans- hand-me-downs
Floral and Spotted Scarf- eShaki
Tan Hat- K-mart

This was my Sunday afternoon and Bible class outfit.  It was extremely fun and girly, yet comfortable for sitting two hours in Biblical Worldview class.  :-) 

Hope you enjoyed this somewhat different Modestly Monday!  Sorry I got the post up so late, but the last few days have been busy!

So, which outfits are your favorites?  Is there one that you feel fits your own style?  What color schemes and styles to you prefer?  Oh, and what do you think of the new Modestly Monday header?

Have a blessed day!

2 comments:

Natasha Atkerson said...

All of the outfits are cute, Rachel! We have a pretty similar style (or at least as similar to mine as most people get!). In fact, I have that tan beret from Kmart in the last picture! Love berets! So versatile, plus they keep your head super warm! ;)
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Rebecca Ann said...

I love your modestly monday posts! I also really like the header and whenever I see it in my google feed I get excited. :) My favorite outfits are the orange and red sweater outfit and the one with the spotted/floral scarf and beret. I love scarves and berets myself.

Oh and you reminded me of Sierra Boggess in that last picture a little bit. She played Christine in the Phantom of the Opera 25th anniversary musical. I love her!

God bless,
Rebecca