Monday, March 4, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 25} Window Seat


  

Only one outfit this week, but it includes one of my all-time favorite blouses!  These pics were taken in my sisters' bedroom on their window seat... I just know I will have a home with a bay window with a window seat someday!


Cream Peasant Blouse- gift from my Mom!
White Lace Cami- Walmart
Red Jeans- Walmart
Mustard Yellow Flats- Thrifted
Gold Bangle- Walmart
Wood Bead Bracelet- handmade by me
Fabric Wrapped Bangle- handmade by me










Whenever I wear looser-fitted tops, I like to avoid any baggy pants.  These pants ARE skinny-jeans, but I bought them in a size big enough that they were still loose on my legs instead of suffocating them.  I've never been a fan of skinny jeans, simply because they are so extremely tight.  I hardly ever saw them styled modestly, so it was a huge turn-off for me. 
Then I found some Faded Glory pants in the ladies section of Walmart.  They fit me very nicely (allowing for room in the back-end and upper thigh that most skinny jeans don't give you!).  As a slender- but still "womanly"- gal, I appreciate these pants a lot.  And colored pants are such a blast when styling outfits!


This blouse was a present from my Mom, who knows my love for vintage and peasant tops, that she got for me in Colorado.  I've worn it several times and can't even describe how much I adore it.  It has a fantasy feel to it that I adore in clothing.  For me, it is the perfect feminine blouse.  :-)

Hope you all have a wonderful day!  Thank you for reading!

God bless!


8 comments:

Anna Cole said...

I totally understand the skinny jean dilemma--I have one pair, and I bought them two sizes too large. I'd like some more, but modest skinny jeans are pretty hard to find...

Michaela said...

Mmmm. . .so romantic! Love the pics, and I LOVE that top! You are pretty much consistently adorable. But that's just obvious. B)

::hugs::

Hannah Elise said...

Skinny jeans do *not* flatter me at all, but the only ones I've ever tried on were by mistake, and definitely way too tight! Maybe I'll try to find a pair sometime this year. . . . These portraits of you are beautiful :)

Josie said...

These are so pretty!! I love the whole outfit. And also... I want to ask about the book. Did I notice the word "Irish" in the title? :)

Rachel said...

Yes Josie,

The book I used in the photo-shoot is titled "Only an Irish Boy". I haven't read it, but I loved having that subtle part in the pictures! So fun you noticed! Love being an Irish lass!

Natasha Atkerson said...

Such a cute outfit, Rachel! That blouse reminds my of the Victorian era for some reason (a good thing in my opinion!).
I agree on skinny jeans, I just purchased my first pair like a month ago, had to go about two sizes up to get them to fit correctly! I think the trick to making them flattering is to wear a longer shirt, that way all the attention isn't on the legs and rear area.
Fantastic job, Rachel!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Rachel said...

I love wearing colored jeans! And your blouse is lovely, too! I hope someday that I will have a house with a window seat, too!

Nina said...

I really love that blouse - and I've always wanted a window seat too. :)