Monday, January 7, 2013

Modestly Monday {No. 20} So cozy!!!




Brown and Teal Paisley Tunic- Thrifted
Tan Slacks- Walmart??
Mustard Yellow Flats- Thrifted
Assortment of bracelets- Walmart or handmade

Oh, it is so snowy and wonderful!!!  It is incredibly cold, yes, but snow has a way of making even the cold worth it.


 Any of you who have been following my blog for a few years, might remember a post I did about this tunic two years ago when I first bought it.  It has become a favorite and I thought it was high time it showed up in an outfit post!  :-)


Yes, I was very cold taking these pictures!  :-)


 I L.O.V.E. these shoes.  They add just the right pop of color when I need it and are actually quite comofortable as flats go (except when you walk around in them for 3-4 hours thrifting and grocery shopping... I might consider wearing something with a little more sole-support next time!).

And here is one of my favorite Christmas gifts (from my grandma).  I have been wearing this cloak/wrap SO much and absolutely adore it.  Nana bought it at the store in Cracker Barrel (one of my family-traditional places to eat).  It is so soft, so warm, and so perfect for this time of year!


 Oh, and it has a HOOD.  Just to add to the perfection.  Now I'm an elf! 
...the Middle Earth kind, not the toy-making kind.  ;-)
Whole Outfit- Thrifted!!!


I failed at taking pictures of more than one outfit this week, so Natalie kindly posed for me yesterday afternoon to supply a second outfit for this post!


She looked so darling in her grey maxi-style skirt and her pink sweater.  For church, she wore the same skirt with a pretty, dressy white sweater, then changed for the day into something a little more cozy.  I just love how she looks in pink.  So lovely!
And her boots added such a cute flair.  Awesome for trekking through the snow.


Hope you all have a lovely day!!!  I will try to get another post up this week before my family leaves on friday for the balmy beaches of Florida!!!  I actually didn't know I was going with them until the decision was made a couple of days ago.  I'm so sad to be leaving Andrew for ten days, but he insisted I take the opportunity to get away from the cold and also spend some time with friends I haven't seen in a long time and my dear family.

Hope you enjoyed these outfits!  Dress warm and God bless!

6 comments:

Sereina Charise said...

That cloak look SO WARM! And super cute as well. I love your shoes as well. :)

Love Natalie's outfit, especially the skirt. It look super comfy!

Josie said...

Those outfits are so cute! You look really pretty, my friend. And Natalie looks lovely as always.

näna said...

Adorable outfits...loving the yellow flats.

Ashley@ stay-at-home daughter said...

Love the tunic dress! You always look so pretty and dress so uniquely beautiful!

Hannah Elise said...

Your hair is gorgeous--what's your secret? :)

Megha Varshini said...

love the mustard flats and the tunic is super pretty..


megha
http://meghafashionista.blogspot.com