Monday, December 31, 2012

Modestly Monday {No. 19} Who am I?





Burgundy Sweater- Thrifted
Blue Jeans- Thrifted
Fedora- Walmart
Blue Feather Pin (on hat)- ???
Black Spotted Scarf- Walmart
Black Boots- Walmart

 2460OOOOOOOONE!  :-) 
 Anyone living around me will tell you how much I sing Les Miserables.  This week has been no exception.  If I'm not sadly expressing myself through "I Dreamed a Dream" or "On My Own" (usually accompanying myself on the piano for both songs) or having a blast doing two-parts harmony with a sister during "At the End of the Day", I'm usually belting out "ONE DAY MORE!" with more passion than is deemed appropriate at times... especially outside the house.
All that to say... I have been overwhelmed with Les Miserables amazingness the last couple of months (so I've been singing the songs more often and more loudly than usual).  First with going to see it performed live in Chicago and now having seen the new film. 
BUT, you're thinking, this is an OUTFIT post, right?  True, yes.  The reason I feel the ability to express my love for Les Miserables in this particular post is because of my first outfit including a wonderful book-bag/whatever-you-want-to-carry-in-it-bag I bought in Chicago at the Cadillac Theatre.  Plus, as I've been reading through my past outfit posts, I have realized how much MORE I want to write about than just the outfits.  So, expect little updates more often between pictures about my life and such.  :-)
So, on to the outfit! 


 I wore this outfit when I went to see the film Les Miserables.  I would have carried the big tote with me into the theater, but knew there wouldn't be room for it once I was in my seat.  :-) 

This outfit was so perfectly warm for the snowy weather here in Indiana.  I found the sweater when I was out thrift shopping a few weeks ago with my Mom, Jessica, and Andrew.  My family and my hubby all love to save money, so we frequent Goodwills and other local thrift stores quite often.  It is so much fun!


This blanket of snow is slowly melting, but the forecast says that more is coming!  I love snow!  It cracks me up some of the funny ways Andrew and I are opposite.  I don't like it when it's REALLY cold (I like nippy weather; below freezing isn't as much fun), but I love the snow.  Andrew doesn't like snow, but he loves when it's cold.  At least now that it is VERY cold and we have snow, we both are happy to some extent!  :-)


Oh, oh, oh... I must speak of the fedora!  I had been wanting one for a long time when a while back I was about to check out at Walmart and walked by a cart labeled "$1" with a bunch of junk in it.  Being money-saving me, of course I peeked in!  There it was.  A fedora.  I knew it had to be a mistake... but it WAS in the cart, right?

When I went up to the cash register, the lady rang it up and the price showed that it wasn't on sale.  BUT, thankfully, there is a policy about having to honor the lowest price shown and the lady had also noticed earlier that the fedora was in the cart (so she believed me!!!).  So, I got my one dollar fedora brand new!  YAY!  I added the pretty little pin to it so it looked slightly more "feminine". 




So: yummy outfit, awesome deal on the hat, and my favorite tote bag!  Does it get much better???


Tan Ruffled Blouse- Thrifted
Brown Cami- Walmart
Blue Jeans- Thrifted
Soft Purple and Sage Wrap-around Scarf-  Kohls (in Colorado a couple of years ago)
Pride and Prejudice Charm Bracelet- Gift from Mom
Moccasins- Thrifted


I found this blouse on the same thrifting trip as the sweater in the first outfit.  It fits quite perfectly, which is rare with my longer torso.  I just loved the little ruffles on the ends of the sleeves and around the neck.


Back in 2010 (hard to believe it was almost three years ago!), after I finished school, my Mom and I went out to Colorado to visit our dear friends.  One of the outings I had with my friends was a trip to Kohls.  That's where I found this pretty scarf and have loved it ever since.  :-)


One of the things I love about my family is how long the Christmas decorations stay up after Christmas!!!  Andrew and I still have our tree in the living room (though we'll be moving it out soon since we would like to have the space back!).  Some of my decorations have been moved to different places around the apartment, mosty to make room on my little table for my new sewing machine (Andrew's gift to me!).


This gorgeous bracelet was a Christmas present from my Mom!!!  It is Pride and Prejudice themed and I am in love with it!  It makes the perfect, classy touch to any outfit!


This last weekend was such a fun time of hanging out with family, worshiping at church, singing with sisters, playing games together...  And tonight Andrew and I will be going out for a long-overdue date to celebrate the beginning of our first New Year as a married couple!  Andrew has been working ten to twelve-hour days six days a week this month (thankfully the six-day weeks are done for now), so we are really looking forward to spending some time together this evening and then having the whole day to ourselves tomorrow!


May you all have a wonderful New Year, my dear readers!
God bless!

PS.  You can now follow Maid for More via email and facebook!  Just check along the sidebar!

4 comments:

Leah Nicolette said...

Really cute! Keep it up Rachel : )

Vicki said...

That tote bag is adorable! I really want to get my hands on it now...especially since with all the listening to Les Mis I've been doing over the past few months, I've finally memorized most of the songs, and One Day More is the one I sing (ahem...belt) around the house the most. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's constantly singing Les Mis music, haha! Most of my family thinks I'm nuts...my sister teases me because another one of the songs I can be frequently found singing is Valjean's Soliloquy, because I'm always singing, "Who am I? I'm Jean Valjean!!!" at the top of my lungs. :P I'm finally going to see the movie this Wednesday, God willing, and I am incredibly excited.(:

And I love both of your outfits, by the by! That maroon sweater looks so cozy!

~Vicki
Decked Out in Ruffles

Livia Rachelle said...

I admire your diligence in posting outfit photos every week. I wish I could get to that point-I am not even at the point where I am satisfied with my outfits most of the time.

Oh, I have a long torso too-not fun.

A $1 fedora-nice. I like some hats in theory for myself-fedoras included, but I have yet to get the gumption to wear them out much-and I don't exactly follow typical standards of dress, but for some reason a cloche stymies me. .I liked your added touch of a pin

Annie said...

I haven't read Les Miserables yet, but all this talk about the movie is making me want to see it sometime. =) Lovely outfits dear friend!