Monday, December 17, 2012

Modestly Monday {No. 17} Lovin' Long Skirts!




Black Cardigan- Thrifted
Pink Cami- Walmart
Black and White Striped Skirt- Macy's
Black Flats- Thrifted
Black Necklace- Thrifted
Black Flower Hair Clip- Hobby Lobby

Both outfits this week, quite unintentionally, include wonderful long skirts!!!  Its just that time of year, I guess!  :-)


With this outfit I did a simple, somewhat sloppy, side bun!  To dress it up, I stuck in one of my favorite rose hairclips!


I've had this necklace for years and I don't know that I've ever worn it till this week!  I really love it and can't wait to match it to more outfits!


Overall, this was a very comfortable, yet girly, outfit!  Perfect for the chilly weather!


Black Blouse- Walmart
Red Maxi Skirt- Walmart Dress refashioned by me!
Multi-Patterned Scarf- eShakti
Black Flats- Thrifted
Off-White Crocheted Bow Bracelet- K-mart


This was my Sunday outfit this week!  Yes, I like to dress FESTIVE this time of year!

I found a maxi summer dress at Walmart recently in sale for only $3.  It was a XXL and I didn't care for the top part at all (not modest in the least).  BUT, with a few snips of scissors, some pinning, some thick black elastic, and a quick sewing job, I had a new skirt!  :-)

I also bought this blouse simply because I adored the sleeves!  :-)

The scarf was a purchase from about a year ago and one of my favorite accessories!


Hope you all are having a wonderful Monday!  Andrew and I just got home last night from a weekend with my family!  We had such a fun time visiting and also taking part in our church's annual Candlelight Service last night.  What a wonderful time of worship, Scripture reading and teaching, singing, and thinking on the amazing gift of Jesus Christ as the greatest King turned humble Infant... all leading to a cross that would bring salvation, life, and purpose to the world!

Many blessings!


1 comment:

Josie said...

Great outfits, Rachel! I especially like the second one. How you turned the dress into a skirt was a great idea.