Monday, December 10, 2012

Modestly Monday {No. 16} Da Fluffy Black Scarf




Purple Tunic/Dress- Walmart
Black Skirt- Walmart???
Black Boots- Walmart
Black Ruffle Scarf- Walmart
Silver and Pearl Earrings- made by me

It's been fun keeping warm with modest clothing as the days grow colder!  As I've said, many times *smile*, I really love scarves!!!  This scarf worn in both outfits is one I've had for a couple years and is an "old faithful" and a favorite!


I've worn this dress several times in the year I've owned it.  The length of the sleeves makes it perfect for any time of year!  It is a tad too short for me, so I wore a black skirt underneath for some extra length.  I've been complimented on this "cute dress" and no one has even seemed to notice that the skirt underneath wasn't part of the dress!  So fun!


So, this is an example of how I dress up this scarf!


Black and Dark Pink Plaid Shirt- Walmart
Black Cami- Walmart
Burgundy Skirt- Thrifted
Black Boots- Walmart


I found this shirt hiding in a bin of autumn/winter clothing.  It is SO comfortable and ended up matching one of my favorite skirts perfectly!  I just love when that happens, don't you?


So, here is the scarf worn with a slightly less-dressy outfit.  This top could also be worn with slacks or jeans and the scarf would still match!  I DO love scarves with patterns, but sometimes the solid colored ones can be much more useful and a simple way to spruce up an outfit!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

God bless!

5 comments:

Danaya Huber said...

Oh, lovely outfits, Rachel! I do love scarves very much, but sometimes struggle to incorporate them:)

Natasha Atkerson said...

Cute outfits, Rachel!
Scarves are definitely a great addition to any outfit!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Love your scarf, Rachel! I've started wearing scarves more often... they're so fun and cozy on cold days. ;)

Rebecca Ann said...

I love both of these outfits! I think the burgundy and purple are great colors on you. Do you wear makeup if you don't mind me being curious? :)

You are beautiful in these photos.

Merry Christmas!
rebecca

Rachel said...

Hi Rebecca!

Thanks for your sweet comment! I do wear some makeup... just not in very thick/strong/overwhelming amounts. :-)

God bless!
Rachel