Monday, September 3, 2012

Modestly Monday {No. 5} Take a Chance




White "Paisley" Blouse- Walmart
Brown Cami- Walmart
Blue Jeans- Plato's Closet
Brown Flipflops- Walmart
Gold "Single Star" Necklace- ???
Assortment of gold bangles- Walmart

These two outfits are quite different... which is always fun!
The first outfit's pics were taken by my wonderful sister, Natalie, and the second's were taken by my amazing hubby, Andrew. 



This outfit was quite comfortable.  The only not-even-quite-difficult thing about the blouse was, because the neckline is so generous, I had to be a little more self-conscious than usual to keep the shoulders from slipping and revealing a bit too much.


Had to include a picture of my beautiful new journal, a gift from my wonderful hubby!

I'm sure you'll notice that many of my outfits include clothing bought at Walmart or thrift stores.  Honestly, I've never been able to get myself to buy clothing from "higher end" stores, simply because I know I can find the same item (or something similar) for much cheaper elsewhere.  I haven't purchased something from Kohls in years (unless its from the 70% sales rack!).  I've learned that you can find really cute clothing without breaking your budget.  And, even when I DO have the money to buy something a bit more expensive... I'd still rather see how far I can make it go!  :-)



Black Cardigan- Goodwill
Black Cami- Walmart
Purple Skirt- Ebay
Black Netted Flats- Walmart
Purple Necklace- Handmade by me


Yes, my hair is curly.
Yes, I got a perm.
Yes, I love having curly hair.
No, I'm not crazy.
No, it's not just a phase, I've wanted to do this for years.
No, I did not color my hair as well... its just the summer sun.

:-)

I've always had wavy-ish hair and it has always held curl very well...
sooooooo...
I took a chance on Thursday and sat in a salon chair for two and a half hours while my amazing hair stylist (the same lady who did my hair for the wedding) rolled my waist-length hair (in painfully tiny sections onto painfully tiny rollers) to give me this new head of hair. I'm really enjoying it so far!


About the outfit now...  ;-)
I wore this outfit to church yesterday morning and it was so extremely comfortable.  I've fallen in love with this new quarter-sleeved black cardigan I found while thrift-shopping.  The skirt is one of my all-time favorites; a special gift from my Mom a little over a year ago.  A very simple, yet formal outfit.  Comfy, yet feminine.  And that combination is about as awesome as it gets!


Well, I hope you all have a wonderful Labor Day!!!  Andrew and I will be lazing around for most of the day, then going to meet my family at a waterpark later this afternoon and then going our for pizza with them!!!  YAY! 

God bless!



2 comments:

Sarah Michelle said...

I really like your purple skirt! And your hair looks awesome! :)

Josie said...

I love both outfits, Rachel! Especially the second one. And your hair- super pretty!