Tuesday, February 7, 2012

For $1.99... T-shirt Project!


I love projects.
Especially fun, quick,
simple ones!
This t-shirt-vest-pullover took
(at most)
ten minutes to make!
And all you need is a
pair of
scissors!
NO SEWING
involved!




Start out with an
extra-large
t-shirt.
XXL works too.
(I found both of my shirts at Goodwill!)
You can get solid colors,
designed t-shirts...
you just want to make sure they are
BIG!


Turn shirt inside-out and
lay flat on surface,
lining up the side seams straight
as well as the shoulders.


Cut off sleeve (on inside of seam).


Next, gradually cut out to the
side seam.


Continue all of the way down on the
inside of the seam.


Repeat on opposite side!


Now cut around neckline
(both sides of shirt at the
same time so they
line up).


Now flip one side of the
shirt over!
It should only be connected at the
shoulders.
You will use the shirt
sideways.
One shoulder will now wrap around your
neck for the upper part and the
other shoulder will wrap around your
back!


Finished product!


Back view.
The big whole for your arms is the
neckline.

SO easy!
Other things you can do with the project:


For my yellow one,
I made a rosette from strips
I cut from the sleeves!
Just glue a pin on the back!


You can also wrap the shirt
around your neck,
Stick the "flowy" part
through the loops of the
shoulders and
voila!
a scarf!


For a more dressy approach,
put the pullover on normally,
then take the two lower-hanging corners,
tie them together around the
waist,
and then drape the shorter two
corners over!
This is my favorite way to wear it!

Hope you try it!
It was so much fun!
:-)

God bless!

6 comments:

ThinkGreen LovePurple said...

That's such a cool idea! I really like how there are so many ways to wear it. Thanks for posting it, I'm definitely going to try.

Mikailah said...

That is so cute!!! :) Thanks for sharing that.

Ashley@ Stay-At-Home Daughter said...

Wow! You are so smart! This is such a cool project!

ginanorma said...

That's really great!

Lily Marie said...

This is amazing, I am so trying it! It's not expensive and it looks great! I'm sold. =)

Tessa Rachel said...

What a great idea, I love up-cycling things! I will definitely be trying this soon.
Blessings,Tessa