Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Prayer for a very special lady...


She was born before we had a
digital camera.
She has always been the
pixie-girl.


She was born third in
our family.
And she still deals with a lot from
her older sisters.


She was given a
hazel-eyed gaze and
princess curls.
And she still is the
picture of
lovliness.


She grew up loving
flowers,
butterflies;
anything small and
beautiful.
Now she runs to grab the
camera when something
catches her
eye.


She was always smart.
Always singing or humming.
Now she plays both basic
piano and
harp.


She was gifted with
humor and
expressions that have left us
rolling with
laughter.


She has always had a
sweet presence.
She has a tender heart for
others.


She is one of my best
friends.
She is inquisitive.
Mature beyond her
years.
She loves to read and
sketch.


She has a soul that yearns for
justice,
purity,
kindness.
She is not perfect though and
she knows it.


She is creative.
She is full of life.
Little giggles of
excitement.
Loud laughs of
amusement.


She is a thoughtful
young lady.
A dreamer.
A poet without
speaking or
writing a
word.


She and I are,
believe it or not,
very similar...
only she's less of a
"firstborn".
(That is definitely to her advantage.)


She is stubborn.
She is determined.
She is feminine and
emotional.


She is accident-prone
(and I'm not joking).
She has learned to
laugh at
herself.

My little sister,
Natalie Jayne,
in one word,
is
AMAZING.

And, recently,
we've learned more about her.


She was plagued by
horrible
stomach upsets even as a
tiny child.
I can remember seeing her
sweet face turn white or
grey as she
curled up in a ball.

We talked to
doctors,
but received no answer...
lots of children have
stomach pains.
They grow out of them.

Then, for years,
they miraculously
went away.
We decided the
doctors had be
right.

But, over the last five or
six months of 2011,
they had come back to
torment her
again.
This time, along with
back pains.

So, Natalie took one last
trip to see is there was
something to be
done.

And we found out many things through an
x-ray they gave her.

Natalie has
scoliosis.

Scoliosis:
a curving of the spine.
The spine curves away from the
middle or sideways.
Normally, the spine is
straight when viewed from the
back.

She has been
undergoing therapy
treatments to
cure this
problem and will
continue to do so for
 months.

She also found out that her
hips are
unaligned, her
neck is curved
backwards, and her
stomach does have a
problem that meant taking
supplements for a
while.

She has changes in her
daily life:
Wearing a lift in her
shoe.
Using a special neck rest while
laying on her
back for
ten minutes a
day.
Weekly therapy.
Being sore from
treatments.
Worrying.
:-)

I told her I would be doing a
post about her and asked if there was
anything she'd like me to share.

Here's what she said:

"I'm so happy to know finally what has been causing so many problems.  The pain hasn't gotten any worse for me because of therapy and the stomach aches are better.  Please pray for me to have peace.  It's good to know what the problem is, but its scary to know I have all of these things wrong with me.  It's hard not to worry all the time.  Thankfully, the doctor is certain that I will be healed entirely; back, neck, everything!  It is wonderful that we found out when we did, or else it would have caused other difficulties when I was older and might not have been able to be fixed.  This is a long process and can be frightening though. 
Just pray for trust in God and peace.  ."

 

If you would,
please pray for
Natalie.
I know she would
love to hear from you and
know she is being
covered in your
love and
prayers.


 
Thank you from us both and God bless!

12 comments:

Nela said...

I'll pray for her. Stay strong in the Lord!

ThinkGreen LovePurple said...

Natalie will be in my prayers :)

I was diagnosed with scoliosis years ago. I remember being scared and worried. But all is fine now, and my scoliosis is gone. I hope the treatments go well for her.

-thinkgreen

Vicki said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers.(:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8.28

"Cast all your care upon Him, for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5.7

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Vicki said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers.(:

"And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them that are the called according to His purpose." Romans 8.28

"Cast all your care upon Him, for He careth for you." 1 Peter 5.7

~Vicki
deckedoutinruffles.blogspot.com

Mikailah said...

What a sweet post... :) Your sister is beautiful.

I will be praying for her! May Jesus give her strength to endure. :)

In Christ,
Mikailah~

A Restful Place said...

I will be praying for Natalie - what a sweet girl.

Breezy said...

We'll be praying for you, Natalie! I trust that the Lord is already turning this journey into something beautiful, all for His glory and your further enjoyment of Him.

Love,
Breezy

Hannah said...

Praying! I have dealt with doctors not knowing what is wrong--answers are so bittersweet sometimes. Praise the Lord they figured it out in time!

His Handmaiden said...

Natalie, you are one special girl, and you are in my prayers.

Reading what she asked you to write brought me to tears. Matthew 6:26

May He keep you in perfect peace <3
In His love,
Sierra

Megan and Abby said...

We're praying for you, Nat!
-Abby and Megan

Anna said...

Praying that all go's well!



Anna

Anna Grace said...

I'm so sorry to hear about this! Praying that the therapy helps!