Sunday, December 4, 2011

12 Days of Modest Fashion- Day 4

Today was
"Wear your hair crimpy or curly" day
for the
12 Days of Fashion!
And I DID wear it curly to church
even though its pinned up in these pics!
I promise!
:-)



What I'm Wearing:
Black blouse (Hand-me-down)
Purple Skirt (Ebay!)
Silver and Pearl Necklace (Yours truly)
Pearl bracelet (Yours truly)

I'm also wearing my good ol'
black boots from Walmart!


Isn't it funny how things change?
As a little girl,
I used to agonize over the piano,
hating my inability,
sometimes wanting to just quit.

Now the piano for me is the
greatest therapy when I'm
hurting,
stressed out,
angry,
overly-excited...
or I just need a safe place
to express pure joy!


Sometimes my relationship with
the Lord can feel more like
hard work
than a naturally prospering
relationship.
I feel more like a toddler at a piano,
trying to pick out the right notes with my
inept fingers,
than an accomplished pianist.

But, like my Dad says,
nothing worth having comes
without hard
 work.


In the same way I pour my heart
into the music I play...
even if I still can't always play
perfectly,
I hope that I will always
aspire
to pour my life
into my relationship with my Lord...
even though I will never be the
perfect daughter or disciple.


I'm so thankful for my amazing,
patient
Teacher.

I'm infinitely grateful that He is
willing and actually
glad
to listen to my
clumsy attempts
to play the song He has written for me,

That He knows how
incredible it is;
how it will get better as I
practice.

And more than anything...
I'm astounded by the times when I've
forgotten the tune entirely and
He sits with me
and plays it to me...
for me...
to remind how beautiful
it is.

How beautiful He is.

6 comments:

Hannah said...

Beautiful outfit and beautiful reminder! It's so easy to look at life and say "I'll never be able to do this!", but we have Someone who will come alongside and guide us through every step of the way :)

Sarah Michelle said...

Lovely, my dear, so lovely. :)

Marie said...

Pretty outfit!

Maiden Princess said...

You are an inspirtation! Thank you for writing :) I am always encouraged whenver I read your blog. This post was also no exception!

With Love,
Maiden Princess
www.pursuingpassioninhim.blogspot.com

Lily Marie said...

Gorgeous outfit and inspring post!

ThinkGreen LovePurple said...

Such an inspiring post... being a pianist, I love your analogy!

Oh and the outfit is gorgeous! Glad I found your blog!