Friday, December 2, 2011

12 Days of Modest Fashion- Day 2... and my day



What I'm Wearing:
Designed T-shirt (Goodwill)
Black Cami (Walmart)
Black Cardigan (can't remember... maybe Kohls)
Jeans (Goodwill)
Black boots (Walmart)
Silver Locket (Gift from my wonderful CO friends)


Today has been so fun...
and its not even 3pm yet!!!
This morning I had an appointment with a seamstress...
I'll be wearing my Mom's wedding dress and
there are some alterations that need to be done.
It was so fun walking around in the dress...
I love it so much!!!
We discussed things like the train...
the sleeves...
we removed the 80-90's bow from the back!


We also discussed the veil...
hairstyles...
and had just a blast!

And tonight I'll be having a fun movie and snacks night
with sisters and friends!!!
Yay!!!


Sooo... today's fun suggestion is to share a
Christmas tradition my family has.
I decided to share two!

One is to put up paper snowflakes everywhere!


Last year we weren't able to,
so this year was even more fun!!!
It looks so beautiful in our family room.


We have them hanging from the ceiling
on the walls...


In the kitchen...


Above the sink...
:-)
I *love* snowflakes.

Another tradition is to watch
White Christmas!


This movie/musical is an amazing classic!
Stellar cast,
upbeat songs,
and unforgettable scenes!


I've watched this movie since I was
a very young girl!
I practically have it memorized!


Jessica, Natalie, and I are all known to
break out into our own rendition of the song
"Sisters".


And, of course, we love
Danny Kaye and
Bing Crosby's
version of that song too!

LOL!


What an incredibly enjoyable film...
no matter how many times you've seen it!

It's certainly a tradition I look forward to every year!!!

God bless!

3 comments:

Mikailah said...

I love your outfit!!! :)

And those snowflakes!! Stunning. How do you make them? We also watch White Christmas after the first snow. ;)

Hope your day is blessed.

In Him,
Mikailah

P.S. How neat that you are wearing your Mom's wedding dress... ;)

Marie said...

Lovely outfit! And your hair is so long and pretty :)

KatySue Pillsbury said...

Love the outfit, and agree that your hair is stunning!