Saturday, December 10, 2011

12 Days of Modest Fashion- Day 10

Day 10 is here!!!
Wow, only two days to go!
I've had so much fun doing this.
I hope these posts have been a
blessing to my viewers/readers.
:-)


What I'm Wearing:
Chunky Sweater (Goodwill)
Black Cami (Walmart)
Jeans (Goodwill)
Black Boots (Walmart)
Black Cap (Family Dollar)
Black and Brown Necklace (Gift)


This is, by far,
one of my favorite
outfits to wear!
It's SO comfy!!!


This crazy room you see me in
 is my office...
As I prepare for
married life
(which includes moving far away)
I've been slowly packing my
"extra" stuff.
My office supplies
(including many books)
are now in boxes and
trunks.


It was funny writing labels
on so many boxes with
a *smelly* black
sharpie.
Mom walked into my office and
warned me that I would
"get high on that marker"
if I didn't take a break soon.
:-P


It's rather bitter-sweet,
you know.
I've moved plenty of times,
so that's nothing new...
but this..

this whole marriage thing...

that's very new.


I'm so excited to be
starting a new life with
Andrew.
But when you move on,
you always leave something
behind.
As I pack up my books,
pictures,
summer clothes...
I say goodbye.

There have been countless,
silent
goodbyes
recently.

And they can be
oh so
hard.
But I welcome them.
Smiling at what the future holds.
Even the tears.
Even the goodbyes.


This is where trust comes in.
You know, Trust???
The very thing I've always
struggled with.

I just will have to trust more,
again.
:-)

So I'll hold my siblings a little longer.
Hug my parents a little tighter.
Take in each breath a little deeper.
Cry harder.
Smile broader.
Love stronger.

"For I know the plans that I have for you,"
declares the Lord,
"Plans for welfare and
not for calamity to give you a
future and a
hope."
~Jeremiah 29:11


How this verse blesses my heart today.
I pray it blesses yours as you learn to
trust the Lord more
each day.

5 comments:

Annie said...

I love your necklace... and the purple sweater. What a fun Goodwill find! =)
I'll be praying for you as you begin a new season of married life. Many blessings!

Melanie said...

Love this post, Rachel. Love it, love it. Thanks for sharing.
Blessings,
~Melanie

P.S. I think this is my favorite outfit out of the ones you've shared with us for this fashion challenge. :)

Hannah Grace said...

Oh, how I wish I had time to comment more. I've been reading your blog for at least two years, ever since you started on HSB, when we were both "so young", it seemed. And now you are about to be a married woman! I smile every time I read a post about you and your beloved. I cannot wait to see what God has in store for you! I am praying for you, dear.

And, of course, I adore that outfit of yours. :D

Lily Marie said...

I will praying for you, Rachel, as you begin this new stretch of life! May God bless you and Andrew always!!
Oh, and I LOVE your outfit! =) Your hat is darling, and your hair is so beautifully long! Very cute, all the colors match perfectly.

Kelsey said...

Hey,
I love your outfit!!! Really cute:)

I hope God blesses you ,as you go into the next season of life....

Blessings
Kelsey