Monday, October 3, 2011

The Lady in the Red Coat


This coat was given to my family months ago...
It was a 2x then.
And I just couldn't let it go to waste.




I took it in to fit me.
I'm no seamstress...
but I can usually alter clothing to fit me.


My dear sis, Natalie, was kind enough
to brave the chill of
Indiana autumn
to take these pics.


We always have so much fun
doing photo-shoots.


Natalie and I have talked about
doing a sister-photo-shoot...


There are five girls in my family,
ranging post-highschool to toddler.
That would be an interesting photo-shoot.


We also want to do some fun pics
of us three older girls.
We've all become best friends
over the years.


It's so great when your best gal-friends
are your Mom and sisters...
they are such a blessing.


Speaking of family,
my sisters, Dad, and I
went to see "Courageous" in
theatres yesterday.
It was fantastic.
A must-see.


Thank you, Mom, for letting us
spend Sunday afternoon
out-of-Smallville
so we could watch it.
You're the best!


So what do you think?
Should we do a sister-photo-shoot?
And should I post pics?


I really like the idea...
My sisters are so awesome
and photogenic.
Is that how you spell "photogenic"?
Yes, I did graduate from highschool.
;-)


Hope you all have a blessed day!

7 comments:

Melanie said...

Rachel, friend! I love the coat...it's beautiful. And I think you definitely should do a "sister photo shoot" (and of course, share the pics with us too!). You will all treasure it years down the road....

Blessings on your day,
~Melanie

Natasha Atkerson said...

Cute coat, and outfit! I'd love to see your sister photo shoot!
Natasha
A Modest Fashion Blog:
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Eyebright said...

Lovely coat! I love red coats. A sister photo shoot would be lots of fun, not only for us to see, but for you to shoot! It's always fun to set the timer and dash into place. ;)

Mikailah said...

Rachel,
You should definitely do a photo shoot! ;) That would be neat to see all the pictures. ;) And I love your outfit. Cute coat! BTW Natalie takes great pictures:) (Good job, Natalie!)

Have a blessed day!
In Christ,
Mikailah
www.maid4him.blogspot.com

Ashley@ Stay-At-Home Daughter said...

LOVE the coat! And Yes! Do a photoshoot! :-)

Anna said...

I agree! Courageous is a must see! I really liked it :)

I think you should do a sister photo shoot! I love looking at pictures on blogs ;)


Anna

Katy~The Country Blossom said...

The coat looks fantastic! :)