Sunday, May 1, 2011

A book you should read...


I just read through a short book that I hadn't looked at in a long time and was so touched by its story that I had to share about it.



If you have never read "The Heart of the Rose" by Mabel A. McKee, you should.  It's not long at all; truly, it took me a little overb five minutes to read it.  It's a sweet story about a young woman who had to raise her little brother and her desire for him to be an honorable, pure young man.  The parable of the rose she tells him as he prepares to leave for college is incredibly touching.  This is an amazing, easy read for both young men and women.

Written in 1913, is tastefully brings the struggles of young people to light and shows the consequences of impurity with innocent, yet poignant, illustrations.  It is simply beautiful.  You can actually read it online here.  I would encourage you to take the time to read this.  I know I will never forget it.

"A book that should inspire ever young person to purity."  ~ Elisabeth Elliot

"My strength is the strength of ten because my heart is pure."  ~ Sir Galahad


God bless!
Rachel

No comments: