Sunday, April 3, 2011

Modest Fashion... and more!!!



I can't even tell you how rarely I wear slacks to church... sometimes in the winter the black ones come out... but only on occassion ("rarely" really is the word!).  But today I had a shirt I really wanted to wear and knew that my tan capris would look better than my brown skirt, so....  you can see the result.


I found both the shirt and capris at Walmart and loved them.  The shirt is so flowy and feminine and the capris match nearly everything!  The weather today was perfect for this outfit! (As you can see in the pics, I have a bit of the "squinties" since the sun is getting brighter!)


These shoes were a Goodwill find.  My mom calls them "twisted ankle shoes"... and I would have to agree with her!  :-)  I really like them though and they really helped to "dress up" this outfit.  As to other accents, I wore a simple, brown-beaded necklace that was a gift.  LOVE IT!  (And hey, can you spot my light purple nail polish?  My aunt showed it to me at her house... and it went with my outfit yesterday too so I couldn't resist trying it!)



So, on to other things!!!
Yesterday I went with my family to visit my grandparents, aunt, uncle, and two cousins.  As always, it was a crazy and fun time.  ;-)  I had my aunt email me some pics of me with my new cousin, McKenna.  I HAD to share them... she is such a treasure!


McKenna is now the youngest of the grandchildren in my family (on both sides!).  What a joy she is!  You should see the room her parents put together for her... you can tell she's the only girl so far!!!  WOW!  So pretty!


Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend!  God bless!

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Rachel,

You are gorgeous! Wow --and that outfit is adorable!! Thanks so much for sharing with us. I LoVe it. :) :)

~Melanie

Natasha Atkerson said...

Cute outfit, as always! :)
Wanted to let you know that I've added you to my blog roll!

Have a lovley Sunday,
Natasha
www.natashaatkerson.blogspot.com

Mary said...

You are so fabulously stunning! And those shoes-drop dead cute! Love it! ~God bless