Monday, December 6, 2010

There's Just Something About a Skirt...

I love wearing skirts.

No, I mean, I LOVE wearing skirts!

Like, really, really LOVE wearing skirts!

I don't all the time.  I do a lot of biking in the summer and I've discovered that wearing a pair of (not tight-fitting) jeans can be more modest than a skirt in that situation.  I also have a trampoline in my backyard and jumping on it is a good way to excersise while spending time with your little brothers and sisters.  I discovered that this is another situation that skirts aren't always the best option.  :-)  Don't ask. 



But still, if given the choice between a pair of jeans or a skirt, there's no comparison!  I'll even choose a skirt over a pair of slacks for dressing up.  The only time I'd ever choose pants over a skirt is when I'm tired and want to longue around in a pair of soft pj pants... or if I'm going to ride my bike... or jump on the trampoline.  Otherwise, sign me up for skirts!!!

Thinking about my love for skirts and just femininity in general made this outfit come to mind:



I wore this outfit several weeks back and couldn't help but take a picture of it!  I positively adore my long jean skirt.  I found it at the skirt outlet, which is a great place to find pretty and comfortable skirts!!!  I also loved the combination of black, white, and dark red (which aren't colors I think to wear very often!).
I also had my sister, Natalie, do my hair.  She french-braided it (she's the queen of french-braiding at my house!), then twirled it into a bun at the base of my neck.  Simple, but pretty! 


I think I need to wear this outfit again soon.  Maybe Wednesday night...

God bless!
Rachel

4 comments:

Annie said...

Hi Rachel,
Very cute! =) I love matching pieces of clothing that make an outfit.
I LOVE skirts too, especially jean skirts! They're so practical and lovely all at the same time. =)
Many Blessings,
~Annie~

Camille said...

I love it Rachel! Your hair looks gorgeous!

Patrizia said...

You are very creative & I love the hair, so pretty & feminine.

Miss Eyebright said...

VERY cute!! I especially like the French braid. I can French braid my own hair, but I'm not sure it looks that lovely!